August in North region: Extremely Cold?

Too many times in QB i've seen frozen water in summer months, using northern region setting, but this was something extraordinary:

In a QB set in August 1944, midday, clear skies, it is Extremely Cold and because of that my defending troops (i guess) cannot dig in.

Now i now Lappland isn't Caribbean, but aren't we to harsh on our northern friends?

I don't think the ground state makes a difference for troops digging in. What sort of battle is it because I think you can only dig in during a QB if your defending against an attack or assault force but not for probe or ME?

Originally posted by Egan:

I don't think the ground state makes a difference for troops digging in. What sort of battle is it because I think you can only dig in during a QB if your defending against an attack or assault force but not for probe or ME?

I haven't played hellofalot of probes, can you tell? Yes it is a probe and you're right.

I've seen scorching heatwaves (thermometer right off the scale) in the South region in November. Also gale force winds and thick fog (which has very little effect on LOS anyway).

CMBB-land seems to have been afflicted by extreme weather from global warming caused by all those factories churning out T-34s.

Or the random weather routine needs a little work. Just a thought.