If you can spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious collect a prize on the way in

Originally posted by Persephone:

JD...pull up a comfy chair by the fireplace...have a drink...and some dessert...cheesecake?

Hmmm....must of dozed off, I was remebering the 70's I am afraid. Now where did I put my dentures. Loverly, perhaps some warm milk? Helps my lumbago, you know.

[ October 16, 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: jdmorse ]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Zarquon:

(cleans his boots, comes in, blushes...)

Hi everyone, got a couple of eighties boardgames with me, I'll put them on the table beside the fireplace in case anybody likes a try at Wooden Ships or Awful Green Things From Outer Space...

Time definitely seems to flow much slower in this thread, so I might give Vietnam (VG) another try. Ahhhhh.....

Oh yes, there's some fine Hasseröder Pilsener, too. Help yourself, we got plenty. Sorry, no glasses.

Can I put on CD2 of Bitches Brew?

Welcome Home Zarquon.

It's so nice to have someone actually take the trouble to wipe his boots on the way in.... It gives Persephone and myself so much more time to enjoy the fun... (cleaning this place can be a full time job).

And you came with gifts, what a gem....

* YK2 Looks through the selection of board games*

Ohhhhhh great you brought Twister one of my favourites.

* YK2 Takes the Bitches Brew Cd and puts it on to play* smile.gif

Who's for a game of Twister then? :D

[And in a very dark corner, somewhere quite uncomfortable, certain noises can be heard as if liberal quantities of vegemite are being spread across a vast mass of bristly hide and with the occasional mutter and the odd snort, scuffle or fertive rustle various quantities of cheesecake are dragged away for an intimate and exacting examination].

*sniff*

*sniff*

*sniff* Bother.

Its not thistle. I didnt't really expect thistle and cheesecake, though it might have been nice for a slice of thistle cheesecake if it were available and not already eaten... not that I mind much. *sniff* Who could mind much about anything? *sniff* I just thought I might ask.

Bother. I suppose vegemite dries into an immovable crust that restricts movement? Bother.

Yeknod

[ October 16, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Awwwwwww sounds like that old paddock needs a revamp.

Ok, we need three strong guys who are good at DIY.

Ahhhhh Hakko thanks for volunteering ;)

Ohhhhh and Panzer Leader I knew you wouldn't let us down.. smile.gif

Ok... unless we get any more offers you two Guys have the job of making a nice new comfortable home for the Donkey..

There's plenty of fresh hay, and lots of nice juicy carrots .... Just let me know when you're done with the conversion and I'll show Yeknod around...

I hope Persephone remembers to bring that specially baked Thistle cake for the Donkey.

He sure deserves it. :D

[ October 16, 2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

I made a big pot of cassoulet, and brought along

a case of Chateuneuf du Pape. Also, my wife baked some bread... anyone interested?

I have some calvados for afterwards.. It goes nice with the flourless chocolate cake or the tarte tatin. Take your pick. I've got both.

Originally posted by YK2:

Something in an Arts & Crafts style, perhaps. I'm not fussy about interior furnishings, but I draw the line at chintz.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Something in an Arts & Crafts style, perhaps. I'm not fussy about interior furnishings, but I draw the line at chintz.</font>

I hope Persephone remembers to bring that specially baked Thistle cake for the Donkey.

*Persephone walks in the door with some packages.*

I stopped at the bakery and bought a special Thistle Cake for Yekky!

....Oh, and I almost forgot...some Carrot Cake too!

[ October 16, 2002, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Originally posted by Terence:

I made a big pot of cassoulet, and brought along

a case of Chateuneuf du Pape. Also, my wife baked some bread... anyone interested?

I have some calvados for afterwards.. It goes nice with the flourless chocolate cake or the tarte tatin. Take your pick. I've got both.

Yum! It all sounds good. And both desserts sounds very good!

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

[And in a very dark corner, somewhere quite uncomfortable, certain noises can be heard as if liberal quantities of vegemite are being spread across a vast mass of bristly hide and with the occasional mutter and the odd snort, scuffle or fertive rustle various quantities of cheesecake are dragged away for an intimate and exacting examination].

*sniff*

*sniff*

*sniff* Bother.

Its not thistle. I didnt't really expect thistle and cheesecake, though it might have been nice for a slice of thistle cheesecake if it were available and not already eaten... not that I mind much. *sniff* Who could mind much about anything? *sniff* I just thought I might ask.

Bother. I suppose vegemite dries into an immovable crust that restricts movement? Bother.

Yeknod

Gaylord, the Donkey needs a good grooming...the grooming kit is in the tack shop...better bathe him first to remove the Vegemite crust.

Originally posted by Terence:

My wife is a pastry chef. She turns out the most amazing stuff.

Wow, you are very lucky...if you need any taste testing done...we've got plenty of taste testers over here. smile.gif

[ October 16, 2002, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Originally posted by Persephone:

*Persephone walks in the door with some packages.*

I stopped at the bakery and bought a special Thistle Cake for Yekky!

....Oh, and I almost forgot...some Carrot Cake too!</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Something in an Arts & Crafts style, perhaps. I'm not fussy about interior furnishings, but I draw the line at chintz.</font>

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

WAIT A MINUTE! Wait just a minute here. What is this... The Shire?!? Where's the fighting, bickering, and nitpicking? Where's the insults, humiliation, and degredation? What's happening here? I don't like the smell of this. I tell ya, somefink ain't right here.

Smell! Smell!!!

*YK2 takes a long sniff*

Nope it ain't me.... or Persephone... we just got out of the hot tub and smell as fresh as daisys.

Maybe we need some more perfumed candles to kill the smell of the Cesspool .

You do realise it's just down the corridor on the left!! Sometimes the smell lingers.

*IDEA*

Hmmmmmmmm I'll just pop down there now and give it a quick spray. :D

Ahhhhhhh *Streching shoulders, feeling the previously unnoticed tension dissapate from neck and back* so nice here smile.gif

I think, a nice japanese bath is in order. See you in a wee bit.

BTW I'm expecting several geisha with sashimi and sake. Please have them directed to the spa. thank you.

Glad you could join us Durbish .

The geisha girls have arrived... but they seem to be having some trouble getting past the doorman.

Panzer Leader ... put that girl down.

Apologies Durbish he gets carried away at times. :D

Panzer Leader is now officially unwelcome to partake of my lovely butter tarts. It's my mom's recipe, but Terence's wife isn't the only one who knows how to bake!

Currant allergies, anyone?