Bogging Question

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

You people that have played countless battles of CM, what have you noticed in the ways of vehicles bogging? Do they bog more easily going up hills or just as easily on flat terrain? More so in scattered trees or more so in open ground?

In wet, or light snow they bog the most while crossing side-hills (Along the slope, not up or down), in slight depressions on the ground, including the base of small bumps and on the edges of scattered trees. Steep hills? Fughedabowtit!

In mud or deep mud you can get stuck anywhere.

Gyrene

Originally posted by Stixx:

I bog my Shermans more often in open ground.

I would like to know what way people find the best to get them out. Move forward, Reverse, or stay still?

My understanding is that there is NOTHING you as the player/commander can do to un-bog the AFV.

A random chance "die roll" will determine whether the tank becomes immobile (stuck for the rest of the game) or it free's it self.

I find it best to leave the tank with a very short "hunt" order forward in the event it un-bogs.

The whole bogging question is just a crap shoot really, best advice is not to leave the roads in damp or mud.

-tom w