Can someone who knows please explain the peng challenge

I first understood the peng challenge to be some kind of flame war from reading a couple, but when I tried myself it appears I have it all wrong, and I kinda embarressed myself.... :(

Could someone who knows about these please explain to someone new to this challenge, as I didnt quite understand the explaination that dalem gave :confused:

Any response greatly appreciated...

Originally posted by Switch_Back:

I first understood the peng challenge to be some kind of flame war from reading a couple, but when I tried myself it appears I have it all wrong, and I kinda embarressed myself.... :(

Could someone who knows about these please explain to someone new to this challenge, as I didnt quite understand the explaination that dalem gave :confused:

You, as the newcomer, would be what's called an SSN, or scum-sucking newbie.

Older, more established residents of the Cesspool are Serfs. Serfs are mostly just tolerated, for it seems that they have some glimmer of hope where taunting and humor are concerned. If a serf seems to be more promising yet, they might become a Squire or Squirrel if adopted by a Knight of the 'pool, although I do know of one Squire who got his post through sheer annoyance. Squires are required to play a few PBEM games of CMBO or CMBB against 'poolers of similar rank nowadays before they have a hope of being accepted, and for the entertainment of their elders... Speaking of elders, there are also the Olde Ones of the Cesspool, a bunch of cranky, crotchety, bad-tempered, and ill-humored ones who we let think they run the place...

The main point of these games is to determine whether you have what it takes...

eine) Can you lose?

roquefort) Can you lose badly?

orangutan) Can you lose horribly, and still come up with reasons why it wasn't you fault that you lost? (Note that school-boyish reasons involving your cat or dog eating your mouse, your keyboard, or your CD do not count).

Humor in the challenge, humor in the denial of failure. We don't count wins... winning is for losers. Losing is where it is at, and losing with style.

Now run along little man, your mother is calling you.

Oh, and SOD OFF!

[ October 22, 2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

Originally posted by Switch_Back:

See, yer Peng is yer lightbulb and yer challenge is yer dimmer switch. Well, yer challenge, by means of electrical things, illuminates yer Peng making it bright or dim according to yer positioning and yer supply which is yer Olde One which is always hooked up into a grid as to.... er....um.... er......

Do yer sing or possess *whisper* a carrot?

Yeknod

[ October 22, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Well, I can tell you, but then I'll have to kill you.

Nah, I'm kidding. I'll kill you anyway.

OK, where to start...

5) If you go in, be prepared to be insulted because one of the tenets of the MBT is taunting. But the taunting must be witty. Only the Olde Ones can get away with lines like "So's your old man!"

#) Leave the Ladies of the thread alone. They are sacrosanct.

?) Never challenge a Kanniget. You are a Scum Sucking Newbie (SSN). Challenge one of your own kind or perhaps a serf. Or a dachshund.

§) No wire hangers!

â„¢) Check you spelling. Although we say that we aren't sticklers about it, we lie.

That should be enough to get you started.

The peng challenge is pretty much an institution around here anymore. Yeah much like "we sent pa to the "Institution' for help."

It started off as a light hearted taunt and game challenge thread and over the years god only knows what it has become.

Like an amoeba, it continues to grow and thrive in filth and scum. At this point, we are afraid to remove it for fear of what might replace it.

As such it is allowed to fester, albeit at a 300 post at a time cap, until at such time as it is not alloed to fester.

Madmatt