City walls

Hi guys

add a reply if you'd like to see a city wall tile (and maybe one with a gate) in the editor. then you could build castles and walled cities as there are many in the respective countries of CM.

Show your demand by adding replies here.

------------------

Ron

No pain, no game!

Guest Simon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ronf:

Hi guys

add a reply if you'd like to see a city wall tile (and maybe one with a gate) in the editor. then you could build castles and walled cities as there are many in the respective countries of CM.

Show your demand by adding replies here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea... could use the Bocage model and just repete the wall texture

------------------

Simon

http://members.tripod.com/~sjuncal/ammodump/

That's a nice idea :)

These features I'd like to see the walls to have:

- the possibility to place troops on top of it, the wall providing (partial) cover from the outside (and perhaps from the inside as well if it makes programming easier).

- height slightly lower or equal to the ceiling of the top floor of a two storey building. (Blocking LOS between the top floors of two buildings at same level.)

- structural integrity same as or higher than a pillbox. Requiring at least two engineer explosives to be detonated at the same spot (not simultaneously) to create a small breach passable by foot soldiers.

- no foxholes created on top of the wall if troops placed there at the start of a scenario.

Hmm... perhaps it's easiest to design it as a (very) heavy building with a raised floor and no roof...

Cheers

Olle

I have built in the editor a VERY large map with a large-ish WALLED city in the center of it.

It is ALMOST ready for Prime time.

for those of you (and I am off of you) waiting to see a good battle where an easily defended, European Style walled city sits in the middle of the map, (with VITAL strategic bridges in the middle of it), well your wait is almost over.

I hope to finish my master piece "Balanced Bridges at Dawn" this weekend and release it Sunday or Monday.

I used steep cliffs with the same "side walk" texture that Mad Matt used for the Dam he built for city walls and put high 15-16 level elevation tiles all around the top with garden varity stone walls tiles for cover on the tops of the tiles that drop off down to a level 4 or 5 to cause a large dry moat like rim around the base of the city.

There are no actual gates but there are tall bridges over the only two road entrances to the city.

It should be VERY easy (maybe TOO easy) to defend with just a hand full of infantry troops. It will be hellish to Attack.

I hope you are all excited smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>