Request, turn TRPs off/on in CMBB?

Hi,

This is only a relatively trivial point, but important to me.

When I watch the one minute movie in CM I always watch it with all the settings adjusted to their most “realistic”. That is “detailed armour hits” are off, the unit scale is realistic, and so on… So everything looks like a movie, there is nothing on the screen to break the immersion. When in the orders phase I then use all sorts of aids to help me quickly take in all that I need to know.

Anyway, as I understand things there is no way to turn off TRPs, i.e. so as not to be able to see them sitting there on the terrain. For me, they spoil the realistic look of the terrain. My request is that in CMBB we have a ****-z, or some such command, to turn the TRPs off and on. I do not mean to turn their “effect” off and on, but just to make them disappear from the visuals if one does not wish to see them. Like detailed armour hits.

When watching the one minute movie I dislike anything being visible that would not be in reality. With all the mods the visuals are so high quality, and with Dan’s work in CMBB will be so stunning and realistic, it seems a shame not to be able to make the TRPs disappear. This is especially the case in CMBB as I understand there may sometimes be a lot of TRPs around due to the way Soviet artillery is to be modelled.

All the best,

Kip.

Hi,

From all the options in CMBO to use the keyboard to eliminate all the features such as text, objective flags and so on… it seems to me that BTS took the decision to allow players to have the landscape free from artificial objects. i.e. things that would not be there in reality.

The one exception to this is the TRPs. I have all the settings at their most realistic, and then find a large, artificial TRP sitting on the hillside. Spoils the effect, breaks the spell that one is watching a movie.

Given that the Russian artillery system is likely to make use of a lot of TRPs, it would be a shame if one could not turn them off the same way one currently can objective flags and place names.

All the best,

Kip.