Need CMMOS Help

The following is from the CMMOS Churchill text file ...

1)- Place all .bmp files in the BMP folder in your CMBO folder.

This I understand.

2)- Place the txt file Vehicle_Churchill in the FileLists folder in your CMBO folder (IMPORTANT! If you do not put this in the correct folder, the mod will not load.)

What is a filelist folder and where do I get it? Or do I make it on my own?

3)- Place the txt file Rule001-504 in the RuleSet001 folder in your CMBO folder (IMPORTANT! If you do not put this in the correct folder, the mod will not load.).

I downloaded the Rule Set 501 zip. Do I put the entire folder and all its files in my CMMOS directory?

4)- Place the .bmp file Churchill in the RuleSet001 folder in your CMBO folder.

Can someone help me figure this thing out?

Ok Colonel....I'll give it a shot.

Generally, there are two folders you need to add files to when you download a CMMOS mod:

1. The CMBO\BMP folder: this is where all the BMP files go (except for one, see below)

2. The CMMOS Folder: My CMMOS folder is in a folder called GEM Software Productionsin my Program Files Folder.

The CMMOS folder has two types of folders in it. The first is the Filelist folder and the second are the Ruleset folders.

Any rulesets you download need to be unzipped into the CMMOS folder. The vehicle_churchill file needs to be added to the Filelist folder in the CMMOS folder.

It sounds like the text file for the Churchhill mod may have typo indicating that you should unzip the ruleset into the CMBO folder and move the vehicle_churchill file into the CMBO folder. The author meant to direct those files to the CMMOS folder.

I'm sorry if this makes no sense but I'm sure if take a close look at you CMMOS folder in windows explorer you will quickly figure out where things need to go.

Send me an e-mail if you are still confused. After a month of using CMMOS, I decided to figure out how it all worked last night. In the process, I discovered a dozen files that I had unzipped in wrong locations. As a result, I'm pretty familiar now with fixing wrong folder issues!

Hope this helped. I'm sure Gordon will be along in the next 12 hours or to explain this much more clearly than I did.

Jonah

p.s. forgot to mention the sole exemption to the BMP. There is usually a small bmp file called (in your case) 'churchill'. This is the icon for the Churchill files in CMMOS. It goes in the Ruleset folder for that particular mod. It is the only BMP that goes into the CMMOS directory.

(edited for the p.s.)

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Jonah ]</p>

If you are running CMMOS v3.01, the CMMOS configuration files that come with the Churchill mod are obsolete and you should just put the BMP files (except for "churchill.bmp" in the CM:BO BMP folder and you are done.

RuleSet501 has nothing to do with the Churchill mod, but is the "Markers" RuleSet files (TRP, Ambush, mine warning signs). You should unzip it into the CMMOS installation folder ("c:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\CM Mod Option Selector" by default) with the "Use folder names" option checked so that it will create a new sub-folder named "RuleSet501" and put all the configuration files there.

Gordon