CMBB demo and CMBO

I've downloaded and played the CMBB demo today for the second time. The first time, some time ago, I was slightly discouraged by the way the soldiers and Soviet AT-guns looked like. But reading all the enthusiastic comments (also in the GI Combat forum) I came to the conclusion this game had to be special. I'm glad I did give it a second chance and I realize that my first impression was a wrong one. The realism of CMBB is impressive and the tactical possibilities are a dream come true for me. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg and I will order my copy today. Finally I have this question. Is CMBB better than CMBO, or are the games equal? In that case I will also buy CMBO. I would be grateful for some reactions of people who own both these games.

I have both games, and I play them both. CMBO, when first loaded the graphics and models are'nt so hot compared to CMBB, but they have tons of mods to download to really bring it up to speed as far as looks go, if you would like to check some out, Mad Matt as a big selection at www.combatmission.com as far as game play goes, CMBB has a lot more improvements over CMBO due to the fact that it is based on a new game engine, but I think that CMBO,even being out as long as it has, still out rates all the games in the same game type of simulation. Also CMBO deals with the western front where as CMBB with the eastern. If you like CMBB, you will most likely like CMBO. Some people will disagree with me,but there are a lot more who will not. And also the support from Battlefront can't be beat, I'm sure you realize this already from reading the forum. And as far as command control goes in CMBB compared to CMBO, CMBo has some of the same commands as CMBB, but in CMBB they have added more like covered arc, assault,and the one thing I like is the Vehicles( like tanks platoons) can be given all the same commands, just by double clicking the HQ tank, were as in CMBO this feature is not present, Well I hope this helps you in making a decision.

Thank you for your reactions. And the support for this game is indeed impressive. For me the most important aspect of these games is to study tactical warfare, since the AI of the demo is very good. I have been looking for a long time for a game like this (next to my passion for Steel Panthers, Panzer Commander, Medieval Total War, Il-2, Steel Beasts and some other quality games), since tactical realism is hard to find in 3D games. I'm pretty excited to have found this game and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this. I will start with buying CMBB and knowing myself, CMBO will soon follow... Thanks again for the feedback.