Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is Fion crazy, nuts or just damn good?

Kilgore,

My pleasure.

P.s Hmm... Librarians ;) . I bet YOU will be reading the bits about indirect approach with great care ;) . Remember, the penetration is only the first phase. It is how you exploit it that determines whether or not you achieve your "objectives" ;) .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brief word about playing Fionn:

I played Fionn 3 times and was crushed each time. And I mean badly crushed. It was a year and half ago and I still hurt from it. What came out of it was that I won my next 14 straight games against other opponants. I learned more from getting my butt kicked by him then all the other games I had played combined. He is scary good. I am looking forward to getting knocked around by him again anytime. I understand he had been busy learning how to save lives but if he is done mastering that perhaps it is time for another go around.

One thing I am curious about is if he can play a TCP game as well as a PBEM game. My guess would be yes he can but maybe......

Originally posted by Fionn:

P.s Hmm... Librarians . I bet YOU will be reading the bits about indirect approach with great care . Remember, the penetration is only the first phase. It is how you exploit it that determines whether or not you achieve your "objectives" .

:D

As demonstrated on numerous occasions reconnaissance will be of vital importance here. I need to establish the best avenue of approach, and what level of reserve there is.

If there is only a minimal reserve I'll go for a maneuverist approach, involving a series of lightening fast moves centring on the flank to test the strength and resolve of any rear security elements. If this proves successful I'll attempt to capitalise on my gains and advance to contact in an attempt to envelop the main body.

If, however there is substantial reserve, I'll have to rely on a more attritionist approach, using a number of tried and tested set-piece actions to wear down any resistance. I'm not keen on this, as it could be a lengthy and costly process which could result in a drawn out campaign that may result in a stale-mate( :rolleyes: ).

If this happens, I'll probably follow the maxim "He who runs away, lives to fight another day", and leg it...

[ June 04, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Kilgore ]

Great Post.

Thanks for the book list Fionn. Always helpfull to understand the way the units your playing with were ment to be used.

Elvis... Are you sure it is a case of Fionn being that good? Or just a case of everyone in Philly being that bad? ;)

Lorak