Troispont experiences

This post contains some minor spoilers for the Troispont scenario by Eric Antonsen, esp. if you play the Americans.

I picked it up along with som other Bulge scenarios after reading the thread http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011169.html

My main point is that this game actually teaches me something about combat.

I'm playing Axis and got a company+ of Panzergrenadiers in halftracs that basically have to cross the map, which is full of woods, twisting roads and wet ground, in addition to the river ofc. I'm now a bit over 1/3 through and have made a pretty mess of it, because I have no idea how to manage these troops effectively. The halftracks get stuck in traffic jams, they bog down in the mud, one got blown to pieces by a direct mortar hit and a couple have fallen prey to bazookas. Keeping platoons together is a nightmare.

To play this scenario effectively I think I have to learn how to use the firepower and mobility of these units effectively. When to mount, when to dismount, when to wait and when to simply move through (if possible).

Pretty good stuff!

Hi Robert

Thanks for trying out the scenario. I saw your thread on the column move order in the general forum and agree that CM should work on a patch that would make this time consuming plotting less complicated. Time should be spent on thinking about tactics..and not on repetive plotting procedures.

Hope we will get it soon !

Eric "McAuliffe"

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

Hi Eric,

Just a note: Out of curiosity I clicked on the link in your reply. It turned out to have a size of around 1M - rather large for one page and for a 56K connection. It does look nice, but I would advice you to split it up.

Is there a patch in the works? Or is that just a rumour?

I would just like to post and say that I have played the Trois Points scenario and it is fantastic!! I played the Americans and got creamed...and it was one heck of a lot of fun. I had created a Trois Points map about 3 months ago, my wife had a baby and I revisited the map and got disgusted with it - now I am glad I didn't post it as this version was much, much better! My hats off to the creator of this fine scenario (I will play it again and be victorious!!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Where can I get this scenario? It wasn't on CM HQ.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Thanks, McAuliffe. BTW, with Netscape 4.7, I had no trouble at all downloading any of your scenarios.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game