SHELLHOLES and MAP DESIGN -- BFC? Moon?

Franko

Does someone know how to put shellholes on a custom-designed map? I'm not talking about a Quick Battle map, which allows shellholes if you adjust the "damage" scale. I'm talking about deliberate placement. I see that many of the scenarios provided in the game have it, yet I can't to it myself. I can't see a reference in the manual anywhere?

I cannot complete by ASL "Red Barricades" scenarios with out this!

Frank

Yup, you just use Cmd & 1-5. On a Windows machine that's probably Alt & 1-5. 1 - 4 are the different size crater holes. 5 turns it off again. When in the crater placing mode, you can click on a crater to remove it.

The hotkeys window in the editor is different than that in-game. It has the crater info, among other things.

[ September 29, 2002, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Easiest way is to make your map much larger than you need.

Auto generate with the ammount of damage you want.

Crop the map down to what you want

Delete all the other auto generated items

That actually sounds like a heck of a lot more work to me smile.gif

One thing about the shell holes from the Beta (I believe it's the same in the release game) check which kind of craters you're getting as you click.

There's a lighter-shade 'flat' crater that units CANNOT take cover in, then there's a darker-shade crater that units CAN take cover in. This is important if you're trying to design extra cover for troops and guns. If you get the wrong type with your mouse-click just repeat clicking until the right crater type appears.

At least, that's how it worked in the Beta (you lucky stiffs with the full game!)