CMHQ Update-May 20

Ted, I think you got me on this one. Who is Dan and what is his web site? Sorry I don't have it or if I do I'm not familiar with who Dan is. Can you direct me. I'd appreciate it and thanks for the heads up.

Lee,

Dan is a nice young man who was in the Newbie Tournament. I met him through his father Prit, who has a cool website with operational-level maps from OKW. In exchange for copies of some of these maps, I sent him CMBO for his son Dan.

His website is Dan's CMBO Site and is dedicated to Combat Mission. He focuses on scenarios and does a pretty good job on them.

Also, if you just follow the CMHQ link in my signature, you'll see the news entry for Dan.

[ May 20, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

By the way, Lee, the reason for Super Ted's posts are to let us know about new stuff posted at CMHQ, hence the title "CMHQ Update." He wants us to go to CMHQ to read more about it and to find the links to whatever the new item is. I always think to myself, "Thanks for the udate Ted, but why didn't you just post the damned link so I can get there sooner!" But that is not what the update is about, as Ted wants us to go to CMHQ first, which is fine by me.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

By the way, Lee, the reason for Super Ted's posts are to let us know about new stuff posted at CMHQ, hence the title "CMHQ Update." He wants us to go to CMHQ to read more about it and to find the links to whatever the new item is. I always think to myself, "Thanks for the udate Ted, but why didn't you just post the damned link so I can get there sooner!" But that is not what the update is about, as Ted wants us to go to CMHQ first, which is fine by me.

Pvt. R,

You got it! :D

Boy do I feel stupid. Oh well. Thanks Pvt. Ryan for the scoop. Now it all makes sense. Like you said all this time I kept thinking well Ted's a really nice guy but why doesn't he ever provide a link? Now it all comes together.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Boy do I feel stupid. Oh well. Thanks Pvt. Ryan for the scoop. Now it all makes sense. Like you said all this time I kept thinking well Ted's a really nice guy but why doesn't he ever provide a link? Now it all comes together.

Lee,

Well, if it helps, I feel a little stoopid too. I assumed you knew all along, but you were just ribbing me. ;)

Originally posted by jjelinek:

Ted,

Those old AARs of Fionn's on the CMHQ website are very informative but I can't run the movies because they were made with an older version than mine. What can I do to view them?

J,

The sad reality is you need version 1.03 to run them. If your CD has a later version, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck. Sorry.

[ May 20, 2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

JJ, Strange, I have not received your email but go here and let me know if it works.

Unzip it into you main CM directory and create a new shortcut to it to run it. Since it is labelled v1.03 it will not overwrite your current version. I would strongly suggest taking a copy of your CMBO Prefs file before running this old version as it may otherwise become corrupted.

Rob

Rob,

The email that I sent to you was returned to me undelivered. I'm sending and receiving email from everone else ok. How 'bout you. I downloaded the file from your link and unzipped it into my CMBO main directory. When I ran it the opening screen came up but a message box popped up and said CD required. I had my CMBO in my drive as usual. I guess versions on the installed program file and the CD have to match. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks, John

That's a bummer! Suggest you post this new info on the Tech Support forum and see if anyone can help you re that aspect with a definitive answer. Alternatively find someone near where you live with an "old" CD ;) .

The email thing is strange too since neither of us seem to be able to communicate with each other and I do not have problems with others either. Is you email address on the forum correct? I know mine is.

Rob