re-lumber?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it is rude to point out peoples spelling mistakes, but perfectly acceptable to make those mistakes in the first place. I acknowledge it is a matter of degree - one mistake in a post is phine, two is okah, etc. But surely somewhere along the way it becomes a matter of rudeness on the original posters part?
I agree JonS. 9 times out of ten when you read these mangled posts, the author is seeking help or assistance of some kind. I am not limiting myself to commenting on just this board by any means either. It seems to me that if I were seeking some kind of advice or aid from people and asking them to take their time to point me in the right direction out of the kindness of their heart, the least I could do would be state my problem clearly and include all relevant information.

People with disabilities have my sincerest sympathies, but it is not exceedingly difficult (and indeed courteous), in my mind, to run a spell checker over your work if you find that a simple proofread will not suffice...

ianc

Locking this one up guys...the origional question has been answered and this is now way off topic.

Guys although not the case here we need to keep in mind that many of our posters dont speak english as their first language and their computers may not be set up with an English spell checker, so we do need to give some people a little slack.

Dan