Information on Eben Emael

I am looking for some good information (read: maps, photos, etc.) of the Belgian Fort of Eben Emael. I am considering making a rather wacky reconstruction of the Assault using German Fallschirmjaeger and Free French, but I cannot find maps or pictures usable for creating the scenario.

Thanks, any information o=would be of help!

Or, any ideas/opinions would be helpful too. smile.gif

Well,

I found a little goodie bag of Eben Emael stuff (area maps, defensive maps, OOB's, pictures and other stuff) which I'd be glad to send you. Let me know if you want it, it's about 2meg, I think.

[ 05-06-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Thanks Crocket, that list pretty much sums up ALL I've been able to find on the web too. I know there has to be some good stuff out there -- if I could only find it.

My plan is to do a series of two scenarios: the first on will be as historically accurate as possible within the limits of gameplay and the game mechanics, using guns and/or dug in tanks to represent the bunkers.

The second one will be a hypothetical German Defense of a rebuilt Eben Emael against the Free French. Hope they are fun. I'll keep you all informed of the progress.

Thanks for the stuff, clubfoot. I'll buy ya lunch some time. Hey Berlichtingen, I would love to see anything you have on the subject.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Dug in tanks sound good, you could try putting guns into heavy buildings. And play around with stone walls. The free french vs. Germany sounds very good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't use an entirely Free French force... they lack the necessary equipment. Dug in tanks work fine for the coupoles, but you need something like Archers for the casements.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike the bike:

How do yuo dig in tanks, and wouldn't Brits be better for the Belgians, having bolt action rifles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the Brits would be better, but the defenders really played little role in the battle... the Germans bottled them up in their defenses.