Will AFVs move along too long a 'rotate too' line?

IIRC this was mentioned as an issue with CMBO. Last night I played the Close Encounter scenario after DL from Tom's site. One of the T34s was positioned next to a house near the whetfield and I gave it a 'rotate to' order. When the movie started to my horror it was merrily trundling out in to the open and I wasn't sure the Stugs were KO. Luckily they were. I MAY have given a move order in error but I'm 99% certain I gave 'rotate'. Unfortunately I didn't save it.

[ October 03, 2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

I saw this one last night as well. Playing the Tractor Works as the Russians. Had a T34 at the end of the tracks. German infantry in the southern instrument works, that I had been shooting at the turn prior. Used rotate, (and only rotate), to bring the front armor around to bear on the infantry. Movie starts, T34 makes a "Fast" move right up against the building.

Luckily, all of the German AFVs were gone at this point.

This is an old CMBO bug where rotate orders at the end of a path of multiplayer waypoints are sometimes turned into move or fast move commands when the path is rewritten because parts of it were inpassable.

Only sometimes, I have never been able to reproduce it in isolated tests. If anyone has it in a savegame (or PBEM files), mail it to me please.

No redwolf, it's not the same exactly. Notice the wording I used.

I did not have a multi-waypoint plotted path. I was stationary, only rotating the tank to put the front armor to the target.

That being said, even if it had been the same bug, wouldn't you think they would have fixed such a known issue in CMBB?

Well, I found at least one other CMBO bug I knew very well but which BFC never commented on, even when I mailed to MadMatt.

I have never seen a response on the rotate-on-end-of-illegal-path issue so I imagine it might not be so well-known to them.