White out

They just updated my work computer to Windows 2000 and now the battlefield is completely white. My video card is a Matrox Millenium G250 agp with 8meg vram. Installed the latest patch, direct x 8 and the latest video card drivers I could find. Anybody else have this problem?

[This message has been edited by Tanks a Lot (edited 03-05-2001).]

I haven't heard of the G250, but there may be Matrox models I'm not familiar with. Do you have the latest BIOS for your video card ? Most of the time the BIOS will only affect refresh rates, video timing issues, power saving, VESA display issues and occasionally driver support (due to refresh rates and timing).

Unfortunately I can't identify your correct card for BIOS updating, so you'll have to look at the readmes and identify your card correctly (take a good look at your video card before you do this since both BIOS updates mention G200's in their listing - specifically it's bus type, and exact identifier - Millenium, MGA, Mystique, Marvel):

BIOS updates:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/bios/home2.cfm

To be honest a BIOS update probably isn't going to fix your completely white CM screen. This is most likely a DirectX/video driver issue. Do you have SP1 installed for Win2K ? I don't know if it makes any sort of difference for DirectX games, but I'd recommend it. You may also want to try deleting your current video driver and installing the latest version over again (which is 5.33.006 for the most of the G200's).

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

They just updated my work computer to Windows 2000 and now the battlefield is completely white. My video card is a Matrox Millenium G250 agp with 8meg vram. Installed the latest patch, direct x 8 and the latest video card drivers I could find. Anybody else have this problem?

Yes, but I have a V5 5500 AGP. I only have this problem on one scenario (so far), that being All or Nothing. We (V5 users) think it has to do with the scenario swamping the video card memory. Hi-res mods, rain, smoke, hi-res grass, hi-res trees, 1024x768, 4x FSAA...anything that takes up video memory is hard on the card. So you may need to bump back on the mods you are using or the options you have enabled within CMBO. Main culprits are probably the hi-res grass and trees.

good luck

------------------

Jeff Abbott

The problem was however that he was working fine (whatever mods that were installed) until his OS was upgraded. So there may be some issues with his drivers, Win2K and CM. It's possible that the latest drivers aren't handling textures properly under Win2K. Hopefully it is just a case of deleting and reinstalling drivers... otherwise he'll have to wait until Matrox fixes the drivers or create a dual-boot setup with his work machine.