Profiles on The Proving Ground - Now Editable

GJK

The option to modify your profile has been added to the site. If you didn't have the option of putting in a "secret word" at the time you created your account, that means that it was still in development and thus your "secret word" is blank. So, it is advised that all that have created accounts so far and didn't enter a secret word, to go to the site when you can and modify your account. You can login from the "Opponent Finder" page, by selecting the "Modify Profile" link. From there, enter the name of your profile (handle) as used when you created the account and if you don't have a secret word, then leave that field blank.

The option to add a text comment is also present. Good for ICQ's, game play notes, or other.

Questions/comments/bug reports welcomed! (well, I hope to not see bug reports) smile.gif

GJK

P.S. The ability to have your "missing or lost" secret word emailed to you and the ability to delete your profile should you choose is coming up next.

Also, I believe the timezone offsets bug is fixed, so you might want to double check that the time it displays for you when you edit your profile is the correct ones (else, reselect please) Thanks!

[ October 16, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: GJK ]

Originally posted by catnip:

Gary,

I tried out the comments feature and it works Great!! Thanks!

the site is getting better everyday.

Thanks 'nip and AJ. Still a long ways to go though, the heart of the site which is the scenario uploads and downloads area with reviews/playtesting etc. But it's fun coding!

Originally posted by Abbott:

i ke3P 9e+tiNg @N 3Rr0r TelliN9 m3 +o CH3cK My 5PelL1Ng.

(edited for spelling)

It let me right in. Since you didn't set up a "secret word" in the first place (I hadn't added that feature yet) leave that field blank when logging in. Just enter your username and press submit.

Yes, not very secure right now, that's why I urge all that created profiles without "secret words" to edit the profile by adding a "secret word".

[ October 17, 2002, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: GJK ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

i c4N'+ H3Lp IT, n1PPy's pO$+$ 4Re 50 PHUnNY 1n thE inF@n+RY 1$ bUgGED thre@D!

I was just about to add some code to the profile editor that if the username=Abbott, it would change all the characters in the notes area to "L33T" style...but I've got other programming to do. Would of been funny tho'.... :D