PBEM Game Tweaking Suggestions?

Hi all:

I always have the Soviet side in my PBEM games with my PBEM buddy. He has been victorious in almost every game we've played, which usually end with his Tigers overrunning my positions because my Red tankers miss their shots and get knocked out. Even with shots taken at 20m or less.

When we played CMBO I almost always won every game, even though I always had the allies (usually US).

Any ideas how to bridge the gap? I think my tactics are sound but my troops aren't up to snuff.

Any one else out there notice the Soviet "undermodeling"?

Cheers,

Solo

In the next battle choose summer '41 and roll over his puny german tanks with KV Is and T-34s.

Or if he always buys Tigers, set the ground conditions to 'mud' and see them bog down in no time...

BTW I'd consider it pretty bad sportsmanship if my PBEM 'buddy' always insisted on the (for him) most favourable settings and equipment...

I'd go along with ParaBellum's suggestions .. and you could try a battle in fog, night or heavy snow. The reduced visibility means that tank Vs tank engagements are going to be much closer range ..... and thats gonna be good for the russian gunners chance of a kill. Also reduces the advantage that the germans get due to better optics.

Also your T-34's have a much faster turret than the tigers ...... combine that with its faster speed and a bit of good planning (or luck) and you should be able to hit him in the rear ! ;)

Lou2000

Originally posted by Solomo:

Hi all:

...which usually end with his Tigers overrunning my positions because my Red tankers miss their shots and get knocked out.

Let me guess. Once a week you like to visit a woman named "Mistress Electra" who's wardrobe consists of lots of black latex and rubber... :D

Try setting the time period where the Tigers are NOT around, or are not on the Steppes, or are in deep snow, or close city fighting.

:rolleyes: