Problems with Schoerner's anticensorshiploader

I cant get the anti-WG program to work.

I have installed it in the CM2 folder, and I'm running it from the start menu the way the readme instructs me to. After ~90 seconds I hear a "pling" that tells me that the patcher has started. Problem is I never hear that second sound that tells me the program is finished. And if I multitask out, the dos prompt is still open.

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I'm interrupting the program too soon, I dunno. How long is it supposed to take? I have waited for ~5 mins after hearing that first "pling"

my rig: AMD 1800+, 256RAM

Regards

Steve

Did you already try the Blitz loader? I don't know if it's accurate, but it seemed to me the first usage of the loader took a longer time than the consequent uses. Try the Blitz loader(=edit the shortcut), and give it some time to operate.

For reasons of convenience, you should really tone down the waiting time(wait.txt)... Count how long it takes for the game to load into the main option screen, and add five seconds or so just to be on the safe side.

[ October 31, 2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Mikser ]

The blitz loader works! Brilliant!

The "normal" one does not work though. It opens combat mission 2 alright, but after a 1 minute, 5 minute or 10 minute wait Im still stuck with the WG characters.

But as I said, the blitz loader works.

Shoerener, GREAT work.

@Ashbery76:

you can find it on Tom's CMHQ, Mark Gallear's site (but i won't promote it, due to the bandwidth problems after advertising here) or on the CM Mod database site: http://cm.cozog.com/.

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

My French friends (who were simple enough to buy CDV's French version :eek: tongue.gif ) report the SS-patcher doesn't work with French version.

I suppose a specific French version will need to be released, is there anyone working on this ?

Thx

I don't plan to release a version for the french version, 'cause the english should be compatible with the french one.

Could you or your friends be a bit more specific, in which way it doesn't work instead of just complaining?

[ October 31, 2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]