Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

a weird question about mixing CM1 and 2?

Hello fellow gamers,

CMBO is my all time favorite game, and I've been playing the press release of CMBB, (check out my site, (link below), for info and screenshots, and soon to be mods). I see CMBB becoming my new favorite.

My question is more for you modders, (and if this suggustion or question is illegal, then forgive me battlefront, and feel free to delete the thread.)

Once I get my official version of CMBB, I can't see going back to CMBO because of the new improvements, new commands ect ect...

Is there a way to take the graphics, sounds, missions, from CMBO and use them as a mod to play in CMBB? I would love to still play CM1 missions with American and German units on the Western Front and the new missions on the Eastern front.

Just wondering? possible?

If the unit doesn't already exist in CMBB, then you won't be seeing it. You are strictly limited to the units, nationalities and weapons that come with CMBB. Maps, scenarios, units and nationalities CANNOT be transferred from CMBO to CMBB.

You can however use some of the graphic and sound mods. I don't know what changes have exactly occurred in the numbering system for CMBB, so you'll need to renumber the bitmaps before dropping them into CMBB. A number of the bitmaps (mostly for vehicles and infantry) may not work properly or be complete because of changes to the models in CMBB.