Nividia Drivers 40.72 - Don't Work For Me

I have a Nividia Ti4200 and the Nividia Drivers do not allow the Black Text to be seen.

In other words, I cannot see my password when I type it in and I cannot see the black text in the QB setup screen.

Does anyone know how I can get the black text to show-up without going back to the old 30.?? drivers ?

I did find the graphics of armour to be increased in quality.

Thank you,

Voxman

Hello Lawyer,

Tried the 41.03 drivers and I still get no text. If I alt+tab out and get back in the text shows up! In addition, I still have a gamma problem, where I did not have enough light, particularly in night battles, the screen is literally pitch black smile.gif I defeat this problem with PowerStrip.

I do not understand what Nividia's problem is !!

Originally posted by Lawyer:

The newer 41.03 drivers worked for me on a G3 500. I got them at 3Dguru.

Well, I just purchased a G4 4200 myself, and I'm happy because it fixed my problem. The G3 would not recognize my new LCD monitor, but the G4 does. It only cost me $200 to fix this incompatibility with a video card only one year old. Like the old saying goes, "any problem can be fixed with enough time and money spent on it".

So I'm back to running 30.82 drivers until Nvidia gets the 40 series certified. You might try the forums on Anandtech or guru3d with your exact system specs. There are a lot of smart guys out there if they understand your problem.

Cheers

For me the 41.03s were better than any of the old 40.xx, and I finally managed to get the control panel working without crashing.

The text problem was still present, albeit intermittently.

So I've rolled back to 30.82, and will await NVIDIAs next roll of the dice. Keep trying chaps, one day you'll accidentally get it right!