Request Suggestions for GOOD DYO scenarios..

Hi

Finally it arrived.

I can't wait to play some of the DYO scenarios that are posted on the web sites.

Can someone here make some suggestions about which ones I should download first?

ALL the games I play will be vs.the AI and I would be happy to play either side in a large tank battle. I can't wait for a GOOD large scale Armour meeting engagement type scenario.

Any sugestions?

Any REALLY fun or really challenging DYO scenario's with Bridges in them that I can try out?

Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I can't wait to play some of the DYO scenarios that are posted on the web sites.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[quibble]

I think that the term DYO is used to describe the computer-generated battles as opposed to the scenarios designed by real people

[/quibble]

I have played out the Mckinley's Battalion operation which I got off the net and thought it was great.

You've also got a heck of alot (50?) scenarios that came with the game to wade through. Of those, I would definitely recommend Wiltz. I'm sure that they are all of high quality.

Have Fun!

ok

thanks for the update

I wanted to "save" the 50 on the disk for doubleblind PBEMs so I was looking for some home made ones to practice on.

I thouhgt those downloadable ones were DYO's because I thought that meant Design your Own, impliying they were designed to be downloaded and shared...

I must have been mistaken.

I ahve just applied the v1.01 patch and none of the down loadable zipped scenario's (after I unzipped them on the mac) will load.

I admit user error here and figure that I'm doing something wrong.

Are all those downloable scenarios on the various web sites fully compatible with the v1.01 CM the BTS as recently released?

thanks

again

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

There is a feature called DYO (Design Your Own) scenario. It is basically a random map with on-the-fly purchased units.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is from an old, old post by BTS. I did a quick search on DYO. So you are right, it is a confusing acronym.

That's a pretty good idea (saving the CD scenarios for blind games), since everyone will have them. Keep in mind that the scenario files are so small (15k!!) that it would be just as easy to use the web scenarios for blind play, since it would be a simple matter for you to send one to your PBEM opponent, even if he doesn't have it.

I don't know a shorthand term for the user-created scenarios. Other than user-created scenarios. smile.gif

aka_tom: don't know of any with bridges but the one by Wild Bill and the Raiders called: Maastrickt: Tough Tanker is excellent play as the Americans or Germans. Lots of armor smile.gif. you can get from the CMHQ download site (maybe on others, not sure).

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

aka_tom,

I have one scenario I made on my site that is set in Nov 1944. It is a small village that contains 3 small bridges that you are trying to control..

I've gotten some feedback on it and honestly I would rate it a 2.5-3.0 on a scale of 1-5.

If you decide to play it I'd love to hear your comments. What could be improved, what you liked, ect...

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring