Recognizing & Targeting Command Vehicles

I am not certain how this will relate to CMBB, since I believe tanks are only bought at the PLATOON level, rather than COMPANY level, but I am wondering if there will be visual differences in command vehicles, antennaes and wire-frames mostly I guess.

I guess it was pretty common down to the lowest level for soldiers to identify and destroy command vehicles first if possible.

What I'm unsure about though, is whether a lowly platoon leader would have the extra tank equipment that would identify him. Platoon leaders only had the regular radio sets, while it was a company CO that had battalion and higher radio, is this accurate?

[ July 19, 2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Some of the early war German command tanks did not even have cannon. The turret space was taken up by comms equipment instead. They had a fake wooden cannon barrel mounted on the front of the turret to try to give the appearance of a normal tank.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Some of the early war German command tanks did not even have cannon. The turret space was taken up by comms equipment instead. They had a fake wooden cannon barrel mounted on the front of the turret to try to give the appearance of a normal tank.

Michael

I believe BFC already said that all command tanks (platoon leaders I presume) would come with fully working main guns. I guess that sort of answers the question though, that all command tanks will be fully functional, i.e. indistinguishable, from regualr command vehicles.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Michael

I believe BFC already said that all command tanks (platoon leaders I presume) would come with fully working main guns. I guess that sort of answers the question though, that all command tanks will be fully functional, i.e. indistinguishable, from regualr command vehicles.</font>

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I am not certain how this will relate to CMBB, since I believe tanks are only bought at the PLATOON level, rather than COMPANY level, but I am wondering if there will be visual differences in command vehicles, antennaes and wire-frames mostly I guess.

Assuming BFC model the visual differences I'd suggest as the German player targeting any Russian tank which has a funny looking hand-rail like structure around its turret, especially in the early years. As for the Russians I'm afraid it will be pot luck as the German AFV's ALL had antennae as far as I know.

Regards

Jim R.

Well, I just got back from my personal sneak preview, and I never noticed a difference between the tanks. Of course, I was playing with extreme fog of war on all the time, so I was lucky to see them before they blew my guys away anyway. :D Well, that and I was too busy oohing and ahhing over the improvements. (Even with most of the tanks I saw being quite flourescent and running on a lower end system [Pentium 500 8meg video card I believe])