How can I do a strategic retreat in operations ?

I am playing a "3rd-party" created operation and I want to do a strategic retreat. By that I mean withdraw a large part of my forces to the rear (off-map) and fight the next battle in the operation from there.

The terrain left to me as a starting position after the completion of the previous battle in the operation is perfect tank country. However, my forces consist of a some infantry, a few AT guns, and a few recon vehicles. My enemy has at least a dozen tanks redface.gif !! My thought was to withdraw and live to fight another day. However, I just tested and if I move a unit off map, it doesn't come back in the next battle, it's lost. It seems I am forced to fight and probably die even though I know there is good defensive terrain off map to my rear.

The operation is about a desperate defense trying to hold open a retreat route for other friendly forces and I expected to be outnumbered. I have been doing pretty well, but its hard to hold out with a primarily infantry force (although they are SS motorized) against a well equipped combined arms opponent. I feel a little cheated having this impregnable force field to my rear preventing further retreat until the magic clock says the wall can come down.

BTW, I am being vague about which operation to avoid spoiling other players enjoyment as well as I don't want to let my opponent know too much. (Although this gives him a really good idea of my capabilities.)

Any ideas or words of encouragement :confused: ?

----------------------------

Gosh, something to aspire to! :D But, by posting a response to your message I reduce my award winning position! :confused: Maybe I should shut-up for another 20 or so months to maintain my position. By then, I'll hopefully have something useful to say about CM2.

BTW, how do you track the status of those who have never posted ???? ...And do you count off-topic posts discussing lurkers ? Is there a lurker contest rule set I can see ?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FEBA:

BTW, how do you track the status of those who have never posted ???? ...And do you count off-topic posts discussing lurkers ? Is there a lurker contest rule set I can see ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click your profile. BTW, I think the dead give away was the 'junior member' and member #164.

:D