NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

I am haveing problems with my current driver 81.85.

It is givning me a black screen at the start of the game and I also have random icons to appear. I read earlier that an older driver works well with CMBB, but I need to keep my drivers up to date. What is the best driver to use that isn't older than 81.85. I really need to fix this because i am on the CMC Beta team and would like to help in the project more oftn when i am at home.

Have you tried anything newer than 81.85 ? The current 'official' release is 84.21, though I haven't used it personally with a 6800 series and CM.

Actually, looking at the Nvidia site, I suppose that you're using 81.95 (rather than 81.85) since that is the first official driver to support the 6800GS, is that correct ?

You may want to delete the Prefs file and see if you can see any of the resolution selection screens are visible at all. I usually suggest picking the one closest to your current desktop resolution and refresh rate (which helps to avoid screen adjustments on CRT monitors to correct the screen appearance).

I assume that you're running Windows XP. Do you have this system fully patched and preferably running DirectX 9.0c (which is part of XP's Service Pack 2 to my knowledge) ?

I found a great site with tweaked

Nvidia drivers-Great for CM&BF2....

The new Nvidia 91.28 might be buggy

with BF2-I 1st had some artifacts about

a week ago-I've uninstalled/reinstalled-

just played a little today and no artifacts

found...To uninstall these tweak ur us drivers

Must 1st go into program files 1st then-2nd

control panel to add&remove programs-reinstall

if you have these problems....

No issues with CM though......

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=41&gid=127&orderby=dmdate_published&ascdesc=DESC

:D