CMBO replay scenario's in CMBB?

Has anyone considered trying to simulate some good CMBO scenario's by recreating them in CMBB.

I'm thinking of some classic match-ups between 76 mm Sherms and Panthers and Tigers.

Are there any really GOOD CMBO scenarios that come to mind that have units that can be assembled together in the editor in CMBB to turn them into a CMBB version of a Classic CMBO battle. Chance Encouter comes to mind? Has it been done?

Anyone have any similiar thoughts on this one?

Has this come up before?

Hey Rune....?? any ideas or suggestions? smile.gif

-tom w

[ October 21, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

May I suggest: Viller's Bocage. Even if all of the needed equipment isn't there. Since learning about cover arcs I've been wishing someone to re-create this Wittman scenario using the CMBB-engine.

[ October 21, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: bitnir ]

Bitnir posted:

May I suggest: Viller's Bocage. Even if all of the needed equipment isn't there. Since learning about cover arcs I've been wishing someone to re-create this Wittman scenario using the CMBB-engine.

Yes, I thought about that too. It would be interesting. Problem is, IMO, that Villers-Bocage wasn't all that convincing as a recreation in CMBO. In the actual encounter, the British crews were sitting outside their vehicles sipping tea. It was an exceptional event, Wittman caught them with their pants down, as it were. This can't be exactly duplicated in either CMBB or CMBO due to programming decisions; BFC compensated by downgrading their experience levels.

I don't think the additional coding would be that onerous, but for this one battle? I dunno. Probably not worth their time.

[ October 21, 2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: PeterX ]

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Aka_Tom_W ,

Check the scenario section of TCMHQ: You´ll find the CMBB versions of " Chance Encounter " , " Valle of trouble " , " Riesberg " and " Last Defense " ( but with slightly modified OOB´s ).

Cheers

Tom

Right ON!

Thanks Tom! smile.gif

Good name BTW :cool:

-tom w

[ October 21, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]