newbie question.

Hello.

I have not played in quite some time.. and I wish to get back to CM again...

What are a modest group of recommended mods that I should apply.. there are so many I don't know where to start.

Also, any idea where I can find some newbie human opponents..

thanks,

Derek.

SuperTed is running some Newbie tournaments right now - look for some threads that have been started by him. You might also try posting in the opponents wanted section.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about mods, but CMHQ at combatmission.com is a place to start.

derekd11,

I'm playing in SuperTed's Newbie tournament. I had never used any mods. My opponent Dan suggested that I try some sound mods. I downloaded Scipio's sound files and, after some false starts, managed to get the new sound files installed. MAJOR difference in the sound of the game. You didn't mention what kind of mods you were considering, but I strongly suggest trying some of the sounds available. You'll be glad you did! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

MAJOR difference in the sound of the game. You didn't mention what kind of mods you were considering, but I strongly suggest trying some of the sounds available. You'll be glad you did! :D <hr></blockquote>

I've always liked the Mad-Dog sounds from http://www.combatmission.com/MDMP/mdmp1.asp as well as some selected other sounds I've found on the way. But the md set is a great start.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Compassion:

I've always liked the Mad-Dog sounds from http://www.combatmission.com/MDMP/mdmp1.asp as well as some selected other sounds I've found on the way. But the md set is a great start.<hr></blockquote>

I find that the 20mm FlaK sound (one of my fav weps) from MDMP-2 is a huge improvement over the default.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]</p>