Scenario Zone taking requests

After next week we will start working on scenario ideas that you want done. As in if there is a battle that you want done or just an idea send it to us.

After the ideas are given we will have a vote on what scenario you the CM players want the most.

We found that if people just send in scenairos that we get to many to test in the time that people request so we will not be doing that. Just give ideas.

Thanks Rob

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Panzerman:

How about this:

A huge map.... two seperate islands... One attacker, one defender... The only way to the defended island is by assault boat. So that means that this will be an infantry only battle for the attackers. I guess you could "Airdrop" in some small jeeps or cannons later on to help with mobility/firepower for the attackers. This kind of scenario would also allow the attacker to set up his/her forces exactly like they want.. It all depends on where the landing zones on the island are. I have played around with assault boats and found that the sink really fast!! So perhaps this should be a Night time raid or something..

The defended island should have a medium size city on it for some good street fighting!!! Think about battalion size would make for a interesting scenario!!!

What do you think?

Spike...Out!

Thats a really good idea. Will add that to the list. That puts it right on top. ;) We are hoping to get eveone to vote on this ideas. I will post (once we get four or five suggestions) a topic in the mine CM forum so people can vote on the idea they want most.

1)

have a very small map. start off with the two sides opposite each other (not in los), small town in middle. make the exit zone sides friendly so ai is agressive.

then have a small force engage for the town in middle. then have reinforcements come in every few minutes using all five reinforcement slots. so a massive firefight develops for that small town.

i was working on one for fun but am not able to work on it as much as i wish to.

2)

make a ship or (in a shameless plug) use mine and have boarders or have it bombard towns and stuff.

3)

make a scenario based in hell. lots of smoke. tall spikes jutting up. bombers to simulate the wrath of the old school, old testament deity. no wate of course. and no blue skies either!

4)

a scenario with EVERYONE's name in it, not ~30 like the one i emailed everyone. then set then in a cramp first person shooter type map with an allied or germ tank (limited to whichever is most equivalent)

5)

have a scenario divided by cliffs into four equal sectors. in each sector have the same kind of forces fight but over different types of terrain. one would be open, one heavily forested, one hilly, or whatever. try and win all 4 sectors.

What about a scenario where the Germans have just looted a town and are trying to get all their stolen paintings/gold/whatever out of there before the allies over-run it? You could have half a dozen trucks worth a whole load of exit points, and could have a long map with the town about 1/3 of the way along the map. The town could be linked by a poor quality road, which wound circuitously through forests and stuff before reaching the axis end of the board. The terrain would be wet, and some with some substantial forests but limited hills, leaving the axis player two choices. Does he race the trucks along the winding road and hope he can outrun the overwhelming allied forces,or does he chance racing them through scattered woods in the wet as a shortcut?

Could be a good place to use allied paras with jeeps and trucks, and light guns, aswell as dug in german forces.

I'd do it myself, but I'm no artist. smile.gif

Those are good ideas. Here is the plan. I will (after we get at lest 5 ideas) post all the ideas and then let the CM players vote on the ideas. Then we will work on the ideas in the order of most votes.

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

How about a SCN that has Comabt meet the Rat Patrol. We have jeeps with .50's. Lets se if they can do the damage they did on the show. That and recover from being shot in the head smile.gif

Sgt. Saunders on the move again........

Try a Pont du Hoc scenario. I'd really like to see how Rangers are modelled. I thought someone was working on one a while back but apparently I was mistaken.

There is one that presently exists, but the terrain at the top of the cliff in that scenario just doesn't cut it (nothing but brush .. no built up emplacements, blah, blah. Also, the designer used "regular" 44 rifle squads. I would think that Rangers should be modelled as "crack" units, at the least, probably with a sprinkling of "elite" troops as well.