Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BFC - Question about Scenario editor

MrSpkr

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I have been putting some maps together and wonder -- why is there no tiles using a "Y" shape for roads, hedges, walls, etc.? I have often found that such a tile would be extremely helpful, particularly in converting old SL/COI/COD/GIAoV maps.

Steve

I too have often wondered why this was left out. Yes it would be extremely useful.

I 2nd the Y shaped fork for roads,hedges & fences.

MrSpkr, you should add this to the thread named, what should be in the upcoming patch.

Originally posted by Shatter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I have been putting some maps together and wonder -- why is there no tiles using a "Y" shape for roads, hedges, walls, etc.? I have often found that such a tile would be extremely helpful, particularly in converting old SL/COI/COD/GIAoV maps.

Steve

I too have often wondered why this was left out. Yes it would be extremely useful.

MrSpkr, you should add this to the thread named, what should be in the upcoming patch.</font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shatter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Steve

MrSpkr, you should add this to the thread named, what should be in the upcoming patch.</font>

What I don't think it would take a change in scenario format. My reason for this is that there are blank terrain files in the scenario editor. BFC could use one of the blanks for the new Y fork road. This way it would not mess up any existing scenarios.

It would also be very simple to do.

[ September 26, 2002, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Originally posted by Shatter:

What I don't think it would take a change in scenario format. My reason for this is that there are blank terrain files in the scenario editor. BFC could use one of the blanks for the new Y fork road. This way it would not mess up any existing scenarios.

It would also be very simple to do.

That is what I thought as well.

Dan, Matt, Steve, anyone out there?

Steve

Adding something like a tile is not a simple task. Back in the early beta days all the testers started whining for more tiles, and we got a resounding "Are you out of your f'n mind?" from BFC.

Nothing in programming is as easy as it looks.

WWB

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Adding something like a tile is not a simple task. Back in the early beta days all the testers started whining for more tiles, and we got a resounding "Are you out of your f'n mind?" from BFC.

Nothing in programming is as easy as it looks.

WWB

Won't this tile do the trick?

| /

|/

|

Originally posted by Holdit:

Won't this tile do the trick?

| /

|/

|

No, not really -- teh "Y" tiles would be particularly useful in closed in areas -- like cities -- where you can't get the urban clutter right if you have to use that many extra tiles.

Steve

You can fake the normal "Y" you see in everyday life in a couple of ways 1) by using the "BEND" tile and then the FLAT Y laying over 45 degrees. 2) by lining up 2 45 angle straights and a bent corner... Geeshh it's hard to discribe writing it out, and I cannot post picture... but it's possible to do. Looks a bit off maybe, but no worse than the RR crossings you have to fake in.