what scenarios are based on movies?

There are at least a couple of small "Kelly's Heroes" scenarios which were created by the same person. I think they're simply named "KH-1" and "KH-2". They're pretty fun. I can't remember who created them.

Also, though not a "Movie", I believe Wild Bill Wilder did one derived from an episode of the old TV series "Combat". The scenario is also called "Combat!". Another fun one.

Even further astray, someone also did a night scenario conceptually based on the comic book character "Sgt. Rock", whereby Rock (promoted to Lieutenant) and his platoon take on an armored batallion. The Scenario is also named "Sgt. Rock", and again, I do not know remember who created it. Another highly entertaining scenario.

I've just about finished a scenario based on the movie "The Eagle has Landed."

Remember the one where Michael Caine plays the German Paratrooper Steiner, dropped into England to kidnap Winston Churchill? He takes with him 16 men, all disguised as Polish Airborne soilders. The plot fails when one of his troopers gets drowned in the mill while attempting to rescue a local child. The mill wheel rips off his Polish uniform, revealing his German Fatigues beneath. GASP! They take the small English village (Studley Constable) hostage in the local church, and await the arrival of the local American Ranger Garrison (led by "WHO SHOT J.R.," Larry Hagman, and Treat Williams). Great small battle ensues. Elite German paras (two squads) vs. incompetently led regular Ranger platoon. Larry Hagman's character, Col. Pitts says "I'm gonna drive down there and get them krauts myself!" Leaving Capt. Clark (Treat Williams) to warn Churchills motorcade. Capt. Clark arrives in Constable later, with the rest of the ranger company, and a bigger gun.

The germans win if Stiener escapes (to make a later attempt on Churchills life). The Yanks win if they destroy all the Germans. Bonus for the Yanks if they find and kill the German agent "Starling." living in the area. Also known as Mrs. Grey.

I've tested it a few times, but would like some others to have a go at it. It would probably be best as PBEM, as that way you could run the first jeep assault as per the movie. (i.e. idiotic). The A.I. doesn't seem to know how to drive troops into battle, while mounted.

Anyhoo . . . lemme know.

P.S. the movie is pretty good, really. It also starred Donald Sutherland, and Robert Duvall.

Of course, this is just a fun little scenario, based on fiction. But if you liked the movie, and you liked the battle in the movie . . . you'll like this scenario.

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: KnifeForkSpoon ]

cool your a senerio builder guy too!

im Making a OPPERATION DESERT STORM MOD

based on the GULFWAR and stuff i just wanna know one think do u use a mac or a Pc i use both I work in Colledge on a PC and i work / play at home on my iMac witch i find is Much easier for editing and making senerios Becase if u have the applications RES edit and Photoshop you can edit the texture of everything in the game also u can edit sounds i hope my being a Mac user hasnt put u off or r u a Mac user 2 ? :eek:

Patton Returns wrote:

Cool your a senerio builder guy too! im Making a OPPERATION DESERT STORM MOD based on the GULFWAR and stuff i just wanna know one think do u use a mac or a Pc i use both I work in Colledge on a PC and i work / play at home on my iMac witch i find is Much easier for editing and making senerios Becase if u have the applications RES edit and Photoshop you can edit the texture of everything in the game also u can edit sounds i hope my being a Mac user hasnt put u off or r u a Mac user 2?

I too, work on a Mac. But I'm not a mod maker. I just try and make balanced and fun scenarios/operations where people can get their lead out. All in fun, eh?

There are some Mac Mod Makers out there, so you're in fine company. But I can't help you on the specifics of Mod Making versus Platform (Mac/PC).

Later