Hi-Lo Mod mixing Problem?

I've noticed in games lo-res mods look very fuzzy, even though the bmps look pretty good. I assumed that was just what lo-res was. However, I was fiddling with the BTS JgdTgr, & I made a tiny scenario ( JT vs US Sharpshooter) to be able to look at it quickly. It looked at least 100% better than it does in the scenario I made for comparing all the vehicles to each other. mixed hi & lo res, lo res looks mushy. Lo res only, lo res looks, well, kinda hi- res. Does anyone know what's going on?

What video card are you using and how much VRAM does it have ? BTS has said, to my recollection, that their texture management/sampling wasn't as good as they hoped it would be for CMBO (this has been improved for CMBB however).

It's possible that with more textures loaded that some down sampling is happening, which possibly affects the low-res textures more than the high-res ones. In a smaller scenario with less textures loaded up the need for down-sampling is probably reduced and therefore the low-res textures look like they normally would. However that is only a guess.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]</p>

Schrullenhaft, I think you're right . I tried going from 1024x768 to 640x480 & the lo-res mods look good. The hi-res look even more good. It seems that some of us, or me at least, have been packing in so many hi-res mods that they become lo-res, & make the lo-res into no-res. Perhaps I should try 'downsampling' the hi-res mods to even the playing field. I t sounds like BTS is talking about something like that for CMBB.

G3 400, Rage128 16 meg