Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

My AA halftracks wont track aircraft? Whats the deal?

I know there was another thread done on this not too long ago but I couldnt find it and Im at work and Im in a hurry. Anyway the situation is I am playing a certain scenario where I am the Germans and I have two 20mm halftracks. Well a Sturmovik (Im assuming it is a Sturmovik. It dropped cluster bombs, is that cool or what? However it sounded like it had a siren like my Stuka's) flew right over my tanks as well as one of 20mm halftracks and took out one of my Skfz7's and the 88 it was towing. My 20mm halftrack didnt even flinch. It's sitting in the wide open. Another pass was made over my armor and the only one to shoot were one of my APC's who started tracking it with its MG34. WTF?! My halftrack 20mm has great LOS its on the high/back side of a hill in a defilade out of immediate sight of any guns on the other side. Am I doing something wrong that I have missed. I have found nothing in the manual. Is this a bug. I dont remember what the conclusion was in the other thread.

Oh and another thing. If the first pass made wasn't one of my Stuka's, did the IL'2's or any other soviet attack aircraft have sirens too? Because it souned like it had the "Horns of Jericho" sirens like the Stuka's had.

Help or do somefink.

Its the Skfz 7 with the 20mm AA gun on it. I forget the proper designation but that's the one. I have two of them in clear line of sight of any aircraft, I would imagine. Its purpose is to shoot down airplanes. Like I said, when the second attack run was made on my armor only a SPW(I forget the number designation on those also)APC started tracking the aircraft with no movement at all from my AA gun.

All planes dropping bombs will sound the same, with the Stuka-esque siren effect. We were unable to make custom sounds per plane, just per attack profile.

There is a plane Loitering sound.

Attacking with Cannon sound

Attacking with MG's sound

Attacking with Bombs sound

Attacking with Rockets sound

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

All planes dropping bombs will sound the same, with the Stuka-esque siren effect. We were unable to make custom sounds per plane, just per attack profile.

There is a plane Loitering sound.

Attacking with Cannon sound

Attacking with MG's sound

Attacking with Bombs sound

Attacking with Rockets sound

Madmatt

Ahhhhhhhhh! Gotcha. I guess I will have to do tests and see what works and what doesnt.

Thanks,

The other Matt

[ October 02, 2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: gunnersman ]

Originally posted by Wittmann:

And just repeated the test with sdkfz 7/1, they did engage and fire, but got no kills, however being vehicle mounted they must have a larger profile, as the planes killed them all in 3 passes!

Ack, started a thread about flak vehicle engagement ranges 'cause I thought this thread had disappeared. Well, I won't re-post it, but the gist of my testing seemed to indicate that flak trucks would stop firing when the plane got to around 780 meters away. The flak guns on the ground, however, will fire pretty much until the plane passes overhead.

Also, the flak truck will stop targetting the plane at ~780 meters. The ground guns will continue to target, even if they can't fire and are trying to track back onto it after it has passed overhead.