Questions about CMMOS, and new Version.

Ok, im new, still learning, so here goes.

1. Will I be able to get the new CMMOS 3.02, at CMHQ?

2. Should I remove CMMOS 3.01 before I get it?

3. Once I have CMMOS 3.02, I want it to be fully up to date, so should I - Download every File from the (3rd Party Mods - CMMOS Program & files) Area? Then should I go to the Other area that lists them in rows, and Download all Mods, followed by the Field and Strems Mods?

4. Will I need the Ruleset's found in the Mod Areas for CMMOS 3.02?

5. Will I need the Patch for CMMOS 3.02 thats on the File page?

6. I have 3.01, should I wait before I start Downloading the Mods, for 3.02, and then start moding?

7. Where will I find the new Mods for CMMOS 3.02, such as the Axis Unifiorms, at CMHQ, or Elsewhere?

Ok, thank you, this should set me up. I like CMMOS and look forward to the new one. I like the idea of picking my Camo for each Mission. If I have any more Questions, or if anyone has Questions about CMMOS, go ahead and post here.

Thanks CMMOS Dev's! :D

[ April 23, 2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Volker ]

Originally posted by Volker:

Ok, im new, still learning, so here goes.

1. Will I be able to get the new CMMOS 3.02, at CMHQ?

Yes, this is the only place you will be able to get the CMMOS 3.02 program and RuleSet installation programs.

2. Should I remove CMMOS 3.01 before I get it?

Yes. 3.02 has many changes to the RuleSets so it will be required to uninstall 3.01 before installing 3.02.

3. Once I have CMMOS 3.02, I want it to be fully up to date, so should I - Download every File from the (3rd Party Mods - CMMOS Program & files) Area? Then should I go to the Other area that lists them in rows, and Download all Mods, followed by the Field and Strems Mods?

Not really necessary if you have already downloaded everything that is currently available as there will be no changes to already existing CMMOS mods. I would just get everything new and save yourself some time.

4. Will I need the Ruleset's found in the Mod Areas for CMMOS 3.02?

No. These have been eliminated by combining into existing RuleSets. Others, like Field & Stream, are now included in the RuleSets for 3.02.

Also, RuleSets will be handled differently from now on. They are packaged in separate installation programs that you run after you install 3.02. They are broken out by Allied (vehicles/uniforms), German (vehicles/uniforms), Terrain (Field & Stream, Winter Wonderland, etc.) and Miscellaneous (mine markers, Sound of Music, etc.)

This way, we can update the RuleSets for fixes or additions and not have several individual RuleSet ZIP files floating around for individual mods.

5. Will I need the Patch for CMMOS 3.02 thats on the File page?

:confused:

I really don't know what you are referring to but anything that is currently available as a "patch" for 3.01 will not be needed with 3.02.

6. I have 3.01, should I wait before I start Downloading the Mods, for 3.02, and then start moding?

Go ahead and start downloading/modding now. The mods available for 3.01 will still work with 3.02 (and all future versions).

7. Where will I find the new Mods for CMMOS 3.02, such as the Axis Unifiorms, at CMHQ, or Elsewhere?

CMHQ will have all of the new stuff for 3.02.

That is not to say that CMHQ is the only place that will host CMMOS mods. Der Kessel and Tom's CHMQ also host some CMMOS mods currently and probably will in the future as well.

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

Keith

[ April 23, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Ok, so heres what im going to do, based on what you said. First, im removing 3.01, and everything with it (Ruleset's as well, and that High Res Patch I had). Then, im heading out to Download every CMMOS Mod their is, as I only have a few on my computer, to make ready for Saturday. I'll stick the Zip files in a folder, and once I have 3.02. i'll start unzipping them into my BMP file of CM, and poof, im CMMOS ready.

Is this right?

[ April 23, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Volker ]

Ok, so heres what im going to do, based on what you said. First, im removing 3.01, and everything with it (Ruleset's as well, and that High Res Patch I had). Then, im heading out to Download every CMMOS Mod their is, as I only have a few on my computer, to make ready for Saturday. I'll stick the Zip files in a folder, and once I have 3.02. i'll start unzipping them into my BMP file of CM, and poof, im CMMOS ready.

Is this right?

OK. NOW I know what patch you were talking about. I forgot about that one. DO NOT remove those files as they are a fix for some of the existing Commonwealth and US/FF vehicles. Actually, that patch has been around since the first release of CMMOS and would always need to be applied the first time you install CMMOS.

Otherwise, everything you plan on doing sounds good.

Happy Modding! smile.gif

And like you, I hope for a big CMMOS release this weekend. Just remember, April 27 is the EARLIEST 3.02 will be released. It might be later depending on last minute fixes and if MadMatt has time to post updates at CMHQ this weekend.

Keith

[ April 23, 2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

:D Wa Ha! to late! 3.01 is History from my Computer, as well as the Patch :( But thats ok, tonight im going to be Downloading everything. And stick them in the folder while I wait for the new CMMOS, i'll go ahead and leave the CMMOS Mod's I have now in the BMP folder, and i'll add the Patch tonight. That way when I install CMMOS 3.02, it will be already in their.

The rest of the Mods im gitting will take a back seat. I still have alot of Mods already in, I dont need to add new ones now. I have Normandy Mod, building Mod, and all other types of Uniforms, guns, stuff like that. I'll just leave it, my guess is CMMOS will still work them, as they are CMMOS mods, well, some of them at lest.

Not that I am the one who asked the post's question but I did benefit from the answer so I would just like to say that it was awfully damn nice of you Sitzkrieg to go to that much trouble helping Volker. It's people like you that go out of your way to help people that make this forum so enjoyable and fun.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Not that I am the one who asked the post's question but I did benefit from the answer so I would just like to say that it was awfully damn nice of you Sitzkrieg to go to that much trouble helping Volker. It's people like you that go out of your way to help people that make this forum so enjoyable and fun.

Thanks. smile.gif

I hope I answered some questions for some other folks as well. We really need to get a tuturial together to help people who are confused about what CMMOS is, how to set it up and how to use it.

:D Wa Ha! to late! 3.01 is History from my Computer, as well as the Patch :( But thats ok, tonight im going to be Downloading everything.

Sorry about that. Just make sure you reapply that graphics patch.

Sounds like you are ready.

Keith

I agree sitzkrieg, a "how to" guild would be of Great use. Sometimes the best Guilds are ones set up like your trying to explain it to a child, leaves little room for "Wha?'s and Huh?'s"

BTW, thanks for helping me out too. So far I have most of the Mods, got the High Res patch too, will add it tonight.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

Will the v 3.02 include incoming Tiger I (Makjager)

Nope.

Tiger II

Yes. Most of the existing Tiger II mods have been included. Gordon's upcoming Tiger II is not ready and not included.

and allied TDs (M10 and M36)mods ?

Nope. Marco is working on these. I don't have any idea when they will be ready.

Will it also includeAllied (Americans) uniforms ?

Nope. But they are coming. Expect the same treatment for them as you will see for the German uniforms.

Keith

[ April 26, 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]