21st Panzer attacks- A small but very good operation

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Greetings

If you like small but fun operations I can recommend this one from the bottom of my heart. It simulates an attack by elements of the 21st Panzer against the Allied bridgehead near Caen.

It can be found on the "Last Defense" webpage.

Regards,

Heinz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike the bike

Dunno about that - I haven't seen the allied reinforcement sched for it, but it's actuall ythe Germans who are nominated as teh defenders, and most of the objectives are towards their side IIRC.

Also the germans have better ability to switch troops either side of the central woods, and better positions covering any potential breakout of hte allies from the start line.

I think it might be "interesting"! smile.gif

Originally posted by Mike the bike:

Dunno about that - I haven't seen the allied reinforcement sched for it, but it's actuall ythe Germans who are nominated as teh defenders, and most of the objectives are towards their side IIRC.

Also the germans have better ability to switch troops either side of the central woods, and better positions covering any potential breakout of hte allies from the start line.

I think it might be "interesting"! smile.gif

If anyone want to PBEM this, I'd be happy to play the Allies biggrin.gif. Fair warning: I've played it through once as the Axis, although it was a while ago. If you're interested, send me an email.

Guest wwb_99

This is a great, great op. It actually got me back into single player (for a bit at least).

I am blanking on the writer's name, but he has done the CM world a great service.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

[This message has been edited by wwb_99 (edited 04-03-2001).]