T34 hit absorbsion

A quick question;

I am playing CMBB, and after playing CMBO the combat rules seemed to have changed drastically.

Overall it seems more realistic, but one thing bothers me.

I am playing a senario with a friend via e-mail and have seen the following in the game. T34s vs. PzIVs.

T34 gets hit three times, reported as "Upper Turret Penatration" and is still firing back. Turret must look like swiss cheese.

T34 gets hit three times, two "Lower Hull Penetration" and one "Upper Hull Penetration" and is still firing. Would think the crew would bail after the first round came in.

This seems highly unlikely.. can anyone explain?

If it happened once, I would say luck. Were any of the penetrations partial? Were the penetrations from 75mm guns (pzIV it seems from your post) or ATR type weapons? I've never had a T-34 survive more than one penetrating 75mm shot, and it's rare to even survive one.

Robohn

[ November 15, 2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Robohn ]

It will also depend on the model of Panzer IV. The early models had a short-barrelled 75mm, followed by a 75mm/43 (I think) then a 75mm/48 - so gradually the gun got longer and more powerful. If it's an earlier model, it could be that the round is penetration, but if there isn't much explosive charge IN that round, then it won't kill the tank.

It could also be that he has fanatic crews, which can crop up from time to time and won't ever surrender.

Originally posted by rodan:

A quick question;

I am playing CMBB, and after playing CMBO the combat rules seemed to have changed drastically.

Overall it seems more realistic, but one thing bothers me.

I am playing a senario with a friend via e-mail and have seen the following in the game. T34s vs. PzIVs.

T34 gets hit three times, reported as "Upper Turret Penatration" and is still firing back. Turret must look like swiss cheese.

T34 gets hit three times, two "Lower Hull Penetration" and one "Upper Hull Penetration" and is still firing. Would think the crew would bail after the first round came in.

This seems highly unlikely.. can anyone explain?

that might sound like a problem but don't forget there is now tank crew moral to worry about! smile.gif

have you seen your crews get scared and run away?

they do that too now

and partial penetrations and penetrations by small calibre rounds are now something that may not make the crew bail out right away, as they are unlikely to K-Kill the tank with one hit or penetration. BUT you can be sure they are taking a toll on the moral check and maybe the crew will break and run away if they get scared.

Tank Crew moral is one of the most under appreciated features of the new and wonderous world of CMBB IMHO smile.gif !

smile.gif

-tom w

My KING TIGER in a PBEm just put an AP round penetration right into a T-34/85s SIDE turret and the damn thing has just shrugged it off, continuing on it's journey until out of sight :eek:

That's one lucky s.o.b., and I suppose no conslolation to his 6 burning bretheren scattered along the road :D

[ November 15, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]