Problem solved, well almost

wade

Just now i was messing around and decided to replace the original cmbo wavs and bmps over the cmbb bmps and wavs and it worked. So that means either a sound or a bmp, when you go into the sneario screen, makes the game crash. Im looking into that right now. The game doesnt exactly look good with the cmbo interface. But the game is lovely. I like how you can see the bullets hit the ground. And the trees sway in the wind. But my damn ATI radeon grapics card was defective so i have got to get that replaced. Or maybe ill just get a diffrent one.

One question is the russian LT wearing a knaki or what the hell is that thing?

Anyway ill report back in the next hour to see if i cant find the problem.

You need to use some kind of sound file converter to change the format of the CMBO WAV files to 16-bit Stereo, 22050kHz before using them in CM:BB. I don't think it will crash the demo but the sounds will be odd to say the least (play twice as slow as they should). I would recommend dBPowerAmp. It's freeware and you can convert a whole directory of sound files through Windows Explorer. Pretty slick and I've never had trouble with it. You can get it here.

As far as the ATI card, what makes you think it's defective? ATI cards do not support fog but there is none of that in the demo scenarios. Anyway, if you're going to get a different card, probably go with an Nvidia Geforce4 (stay away from the MX line). I know ATI just came out with a new "killer" card that outperforms all Nvidia's but they still don't support fog tables (needed by CM to display fog).

Glad to here you got it working and that you are enjoying the demo so far.

Keith

Wade, this is very odd but it sounds like you may have been missing sound files still (or they were corrupt). Pretty soon mags will start to carry the demo and although we dont know which ones yet, keep you eye out here.

Glad to hear youve almost got it running at least smile.gif

Dan

Well i guess i will just have to go with the cmbo interface for awile. the sounds really arnt that diffent. Wait a sec, i tried replacing all the interface sounds with the oringal but it still ditn work so then i copied the interface bmps from cmbo then it worked. Oh well no major problem, only that i cant see the after action reports how ever.