Winter Mod Request... remeber these?

There are some really nice winter mods starting to appear, but I hope that they all will not be 'white-washed' styles. , Marco Bergman, Gordon Molek and others did some really nice snowed on vehicles for CMBO , which frankly I prefer. Hoping modders will try to include some of this style.

and now down memory lane....

AllShermWinterpak.jpg

Originally posted by PEIPER#1:

yea those are nice, but actually in the eastern front most of the vehicles where painted white, they where more prepare for winter smile.gif

but stilll that will be nice

I'm picky, I want white-washed but not so perfectly. It has always seemed to me that repainting ends up being less than perfect, especially when done in the field. There was a post in a thread describing how the hasty repainting to sandy colors in Desert Storm looked... wish I could remember the thread or the poster.

That's actually the reason I haven't installed any of the winter mods yet, they are too perfect. I wanna see the old camo colors beneath that coat of white-wash! smile.gif

Sweet! Yeah, I want those too, there often wasn't enough paint to cover the tank so they had various ways of compensating.. White Stripes (nice band, but I digress tongue.gif ), cross hatch, only the front painted white... even covered parts of the tanks with sheets and whatnots.

JD - I don't know if you saw my pictures of hasty snow camo of 6.PD panzers near Stalingrad in this thread?

As you can also see however - the T70s (I am reasonably certain the caption is a misidentification) have full whitewash. Also, pictures from the same book, but taken later, show that e.g. the Pz IVlg of PzRgt 11 seem to have full white-wash by the time of the withdrawal. 'Hasty' camo may therefore be appropriate in some cases, but as soon as soldiers had the time, they seem to have spent it on getting their vehicles camo'd, in the east at least.