Save these MODs from the scrapheap?? (*BIG PIX*)

Joshik

While I'm excited that CMBB has arrived on the scene, I'm feeling a bit melancholy. I've been trying to make CMBO mods for quite a while, and I have a pile of half-finished or barely-started ones. Digging around, I found some of these.

The first Panther GL was inspired by this photo:

Win0.jpg

Win9.jpg

Win3.jpg

The second one (Panther G) is about 75% done:

Win4.jpg

Win5.jpg

And I was even trying to get out of the Panther scene and do a King Tiger. I've got a spring one and a winter one. This picture actually shows bits of both. It's only about 20% done:

Win2.jpg

I've also got a winter Tiger and a Panther D ('A' mod) lying about. <sigh>. Is there a demand for these, or should I take these materials and just start focusing on CMBB?

-Joshik

[ September 27, 2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Joshik ]

Start focusing on CMBB. We've had loads of CMBO mods and frankly, a new Panther mod for CMBO doesn't do it for me anymore. By making mods for CMBB you'll get much a wider audience so to speak ; there is plenty of room for CMBB mods currently. Also, loads of vehicles/units that are completely unmodded !

No more CMBO mods I say.

I say keep up the good work. It's easy to jump the bandwagon and only make mods for CMBB, but you have to remember one thing. Probably 95% of all CM players own CMBO, not as many own CMBB...

Oh and if you need some hosting for those mods, just let me know.

[ October 01, 2002, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Michlos ]

Joshik, please complete those mods!! I totally agree with Michlos - don't listen to Prinz Eugen!

I'll come clean and admit that I don't have CMBB yet - so I am bias. However, I fully intend to keep playing CMBO even when I do get CMBB - especially BoB scenarios.

Therefore, you're winter schemes are just the job!

Is that your 'old' PzV GL scheme I see under the new winter camo? A winter version of that gem would be marvellous. As for the other Panther, I think it is a great representation of a late war PzV G.

The KT looks great. I think I can see an element of Kittys' KT mod in there - me being a sad mod slut I would spot that. The details of the tools and towing wires are breathtaking. The weathered effect on the three-tone camo on the turret side is simply awesome (there, you've gone and made me use an Americanism).

There are not really that many KT mods out there, and I think that yours would be the best of the bunch - it is a fantastic representation of a BoB era KT.

Please don't make me beg Joshik...

It mystifies me why some folks seem to have almost no interest in CMBO now that CMBB has been released. The CMBB vehicles look great and are a tremeddous improvement over CMBO. This is in large part due to the inclusion of modders in the process of making and selecting the CMBB vehicles. Frankly, the only real need for CMBB hehicle mods that I can see is for winter vehicles. Yes, its great to have variety of all vehicles. But I doubt that these will make the game an entirely different visual experience for CMBB that hi-re mods did for CMBO.

Bottoline--keep up the good work. I am looking forward to downloading you final results. Even the current versions are more than good enough to add to my collection. Please finish the winter King Tiger first. I don't think there are any hi-res King Tiger winter mods available.

If you're working w/ plenty of layers to keep the elements seperated, a lot of Mods can be adusted to fit each CM version fairly easily, from what I've noticed so far. I'm pretty sure the KT, for example uses a lot of the same layouts, while the JT has been changed around to match the KT layouts more closely.

Strt

Thanks for the positive feedback! As long as I know that someone, anyone, is still interested in these mods, I'll try and finish banging them out. My problem is that I'm very scatter-brained... I'll try and work on one mod, get pissed off, and just jump to another one. So I forgot that I also have this Winter Panther G. It's about 75% done... I'll replace the Fernando wheels with the dirtied wheels I made for the Spring/Winter Panther GL (why go and recreate the wheel?), as well as the turret top, front, etc...

winmore1.jpg

I also found a Winter Tiger, and excuse me for being a dumb-ass, but I can't even remember if this is my work or not! I think I remember doing this, because it's not very complete... the BMPs are floating all over my hard drive. This one might not be so high on the priority list, because there are already a lot of great winter Tigers out there...

winmore3.jpg

I think I'll try and finish these in this order:

1) Winter Panther GL - this is 95% done... I might dirty up the front a bit, and put in an option for no side turret numbers.

2) Spring Panther G - this is about 75% done.

3) Winter King Tiger - only about 40% done, but you guys seem to be really hot for this one.

4) Spring King Tiger - hot on the heels of the Winter KTiger... why not?

5) Winter Panther G - getting there, but I'm having some trouble loading the BMPs into CM. (tech question- am I limited to how many HiRes BMPs I can have???)

6) I can work on that Winter Tiger (by this time, it will probably be about 2006, and I don't know if people will still be playing CMBO.)

Maybe I can release these as a "Winter Kat Pack"?

Paul, correctly ID'ing Kitty's King Tiger BMP wins you the title "King of all Mod Sluts". :D

I find a set of HiRes BMPs to use as a template, in order to make sure that my mod will also be HiRes. Then, as I work, I paste over the original mod. I must have started with Kitty's Mod as a base. Good catch!

Hang tight... they're on the way...

winmore2.jpg

Joshik, you posted just before I did. I was just commenting on your absence. I thought you had received CMBB!

Thanks for the new title smile.gif , I shall wear it with pride. I think I have pretty much every mod out there...

Anyway, your schedule looks great. I'm certainly not going to try to coerce an artiste such as yourself into another routine.

Thank goodness these gems have been saved from the scrapheap! Now if only I could finish building my time-machine and save some real German armour... ;)

[ October 03, 2002, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Paul T. Gardner ]

Man you can't go away for 3 weeks without coming back to talk of stopping production on some mods for CMBO. Why would anyone not want more mods? So my 2 cents is YES please finish them and then move on to CMBB but please do finish them. Looking good.

Joshik,

By all means finish and make availlable those CMBO mods, especially the Panther (G) that's by far the most beautifully painted Panther I've seen to date!

Great work, and my compliments to you and all the modders whose work has gone so far in making CMBO a visual delight far surpassing any hopes or expectations that BTS envisioned. <S>

Regards,

Oddball