game quit immeadiately on imac

beck

I can run the game right up to the point where I am ready to begin the scenario, and then the game quits and I end up on right back to my desktop as if I never started.

This goes for the old demo as well as the new one.

I'm using an original rev. b imac.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks, Mike.

:confused:

Which OS are you using, 8.6 or 9.x ? I don't think that CMBB can be played on a 'Rev. B' iMac - too little video memory (which is probably why you're crashing trying to generate the 3D screen). To my knowledge the Rev. B's have 2Mb of video memory that can be expanded to 6Mb, which may still be a bit short.

There can also be issues with the amount of RAM you have (stuff as much as you can into it), Virtual Memory settings and other possibilities. However my guess is that the consensus on this will be that you need a newer Mac for CMBB.

Now CMBO should be able to work with it however...

I have a Rev. B iMac as well. CMBO and CMBB both run on it. The graphics in CMBB are not quite up to modern standards but it is very playable.

Make sure you have the display set to not more than 800x600. There is not enough vram for 1024x768 to play the game and just quits like yours is doing. Dropping the colors from millions to thousands might help as well.

CMBO ran fine on 96 MB of RAM for me.

Also... Rev B iMacs came with 6MB of VRAM.

David

[ February 26, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: GNFAN ]