I was amazed this was coded into the game.

I was playing a small little crap scenatio I designed today to get a feel for the new units in the game.

I had a strumtiger sitting in an urban envorment and an IS-III came around the corner. With no other unit present with AT capabilites I thought....Oh crap their gona get smoked by that tank. lo and behold the Strum got the drop and panted a 380mm shell into the upper hull at 80 meters ( took what seemed like a whole second for the shell to reach the target, looked like a 3 year old throwing a beach ball). The resulting explosion was very gratifying but did no damage. I sat and waited for my tank to eat one from that 120mm gun but nothing happened.....A few seconds later I saw the tank as knocked out....The reason?

All 4(or 5 cant remember) crewmen were causulties.

I can only imagine what happened in that tank.

Every bone in their bodies had to be shattered by that 380mm shell.

I was amazed that concussion casulties were modeled into the game.

Nice work.

Originally posted by Chrono:

I was playing a small little crap scenatio I designed today to get a feel for the new units in the game.

I had a strumtiger sitting in an urban envorment and an IS-III came around the corner. With no other unit present with AT capabilites I thought....Oh crap their gona get smoked by that tank. lo and behold the Strum got the drop and panted a 380mm shell into the upper hull at 80 meters ( took what seemed like a whole second for the shell to reach the target, looked like a 3 year old throwing a beach ball). The resulting explosion was very gratifying but did no damage. I sat and waited for my tank to eat one from that 120mm gun but nothing happened.....A few seconds later I saw the tank as knocked out....The reason?

All 4(or 5 cant remember) crewmen were causulties.

I can only imagine what happened in that tank.

Every bone in their bodies had to be shattered by that 380mm shell.

I was amazed that concussion casulties were modeled into the game.

Nice work.

There is a "death clock" in the game. Basically, if there is no immediately visible reason to assume the tank is knocked out, you will continue to consider the target a threat. Normally your tank would pump more rounds into the trget until it either brews up or the crew bails. The reload time of the S Tiger is so long that you'll never waste a second shell.

And yes, it's a monster gun! Try setting up some poor Ivans (like 400-700 of them) and lob a 380 into the middle.

:eek:

I hit a M17 at about 100m or so and with the sturmtiger and blew the thing down to the chassis. Yesterday I was screwing around in a little scenerio and hit a BT64 with a StugIIIg at about 100m. Actually hit 4 BT64's, but the most impressive hit caused one of them to immediately brew up. You could replay the scene and zoom in and actually hear these guys screaming and see them flail around. Had the same thing happen with hitting one of these puppies with a flamethrower. Now those are good effects. It does lead me to wonder though, why in the game, when I have hit a tank and it has caught fire(this doesn't seem to happen very often) why don't you occasionally see and hear the ammo inside of it cooking off. Has anyone out there seen this(ala Desert Storm footage) or is this not coded in?

Guest Panzer Boxb

Something similar happened in a QB yesterday for me. My KV-2 was covering an open area where I believed the pesky Huns would advance their infantry through (which they would) but to my surprise a Panzer 38 shows up to the party as well. The KV managed to slew its turret and fire quite fast...and accurate. First round hit at about 500 meters. Not too shabby. The hit message stated, "Upper Hull Hit. No serious damage." Yeah, to the tank maybe. But the crew had other ideas. Within seconds they bailed with 50% casualties. Guess I didn't need that T-34 backup after all.