Aircraft don't follow standard sighting rule

I just realized something.

Aircraft don't follow the standard sighting rule. I have a battle with heavy air support. Planes keep zipping back and forth over the map strafing and bombing.

I only see what they are shooting at if they kill it. This is unlike all other CMBO units which once they see something, I see it. I suppose this is necessary, since otherwise the fog of war would be virtually eliminated by air support.

Not only that, they have unlimited LOS. I've parked halftracks in small alleyways between large buildings, where in RL a plane would have to approach parallel to the alley to even have a chance of seeing the vehicle. But in CM, tracers from a plane approaching from a perpendicular angle will lance right through the building and kill the halftrack. :rolleyes:

That's because their angle of attack is so steep. Ok, I just made that up, only dive bombers attacked at that kind of angle.

Jabos are the reason the germans get 20mm and 20mm quads. Those quads take planes out of the air like a kid eating popcorn.

Originally posted by redeker:

Not only that, they have unlimited LOS. I've parked halftracks in small alleyways between large buildings, where in RL a plane would have to approach parallel to the alley to even have a chance of seeing the vehicle. But in CM, tracers from a plane approaching from a perpendicular angle will lance right through the building and kill the halftrack. :rolleyes:

True, i've observed exactly the same. Frustrating.