Hey! They announced the model contest winners!

Wow, some very nice stuff there. Congrtas to the winners.

I thought I had a reasonable knowledge of WWII AFV's, but some of the stuff there had me wondering ...

I guess we'll all be experts after a few weeks of playing CMBB, the combinations and permutations of equipment are going to be mind-blowing!

Originally posted by HVAP:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that AFV on page two in the middle of the images?

It's one of the prototypes for the "Einheits-Waffenträger" (common chassis weapon carrier) series. It was intended to be a light mobile chassis upon which heavy weapons of different types could be mounted on a revolving platform and with light armour protection.

A light version (Grösse I) mounting, for example, a 7,5 cm Pak or a 12 cm mortar as well as a heavier version (Grösse II) carrying guns like the 15 cm sFH 43 or 12,8 cm K 43 was planned.

M.

Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

Dang, that T35 looks fine.

Yes... I guess it competed outside the contest though, unless BTS, I mean BFC, has a surprise in store smile.gif

A very nice model but I suspect the sIG auf JgPz 38 could well have one of the highest rarity penalties of all units in the game...

Looking better for every day smile.gif

M.