Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Error Window

Since I have downloaded the new Beta's I have had an ongoing problem when I click on my CM Icon. I get the following message

"Error: G Sound.cpp.line 1739. Exiting Program"

Eventually, if I click the Icon enough, I can get the game to run. Not a huge problem, but basically a pain in the butt. I have tried reloading the Beta but it doesnt make a differnce.

Anyone have suggestions?

Any help appreciated.

------------------

"Don't be a fool and die for your country, let the other sonofabitch die for his"

Gen George S. Patton

Does 1.05 work for you ? There may be something in your system that is tripping up the debugging code. Have you submitted a "Bug Report" to Madmatt (there's a MS Word document that comes with the BETAs that you can fill out to report problems) ?

I don't think Beta 24 (released on the 21st) has addressed any further errors like you're speaking of here. Is this the BETA that you're using ?

Guest Madmatt

DO you have a sound card in that system? The beta REQUIRE a soundcard, the official patch will not.

Other than that it may be as indicated above, something in the beta code doesn't like your sound drivers. We have also seen one person that couldn't run Winamp with the beta versions of CM. I tried and had no problems but they could not get it to work.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Screamineagle:

I do have a sound card (ATI Rage 128, doesnt do fog, but works well with everything else)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your video card, actually wink.gif

Click the Start button, select run, type dxdiag, click okay, and click on the Sound tab at the top. That'll show you what model of sound card you've got.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

If you're not running the latest audio drivers, then those may help with the BETA error. The drivers I've found are over a year old though (mid-Nov 99), so you may already be running them.

Genius Drivers (go to Download drop down near the top > select Multimedia > approx. in the middle of the list is the SoundMaker 32 and 32PCI - find out which one you have):

http://www.genius-kye.com/