CM1 add-on?

CM2 will soon be released with upgraded graphics, engines, etc...I was wondering if, at some point in the future, BTS might consider applying the "new stuff" to CM1?

Posted a lot in the making of CM1 but I've only visited sporadically in the last few months.

Thanks

So, what will be my motivation to ever play CM1 after playing CM2? American troops and equipment won't be in CM2, will they?

If CM2 is to be so much more improved, engine-wise, extra doodads added, etc, then it won't be that enjoyable to fire up the old CM1 anymore...however, if American troops and equipment are included in CM2, I have no problems. ;)

[ April 10, 2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: buddy ]

The problem with adding extra units and features is that it makes the game incompatible with versions that don't have these upgrades. In essence a CMBO 'patch' would be a completely different game that isn't backwards compatible. All of the current scenarios and ops would no longer work and would have to be recreated from scratch.

There will be no American, British or French units in CMBB (though there are some Lend-Lease American and British AFVs present). It will probably be 3 or 4 years before BTS revisits NorthWest Europe '44-'45 again (but by then you'll have the Med and Early War variants of CM). However the next time it will be with a completely new engine (CMII), which should make quite a difference.