Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Another PBEM Question

foamy

Sometimes when I receive a PBEM turn I get the message "Play-By-Email Data Follows This Line" in the body of the text and then hundreds of lines filled with "Garbage" (Game turn data I suppose). When this happens my computer takes forever to open the EMail and if I reply to it it takes even longer for the computer to process the simple task of sending the email.

It does not happen with every opponent, and when I send a turn to myself it does not happen.

Anyone know why this happens and what can be done to stop it ??

Sometimes I'll get the data for the turns embedded into the email instead of as an attachment when receiving turns from players using Yahoo! mail. This is in Eudora, I don't recall ever having that issue with Outlook Express, and it doesn't happen every time. It is a bit odd. I have to copy all that "garbage" and paste it into a plain text editor and then save it as the next turn, which is a PITA.

I don't recall this happening for some time though. What email program do you use? Mac/Win?

Originally posted by Redwolf:

CM should be able to load that whole body with the turn in it. You shouldn't have to cut and paste the turn, just saving the body of the mail as a turn should work.

I'll have to remember that should a turn come embedded like that again, thanks!