3-D Rubble New Idea...I guess...Maybe...

well this might or might not be a good idea for 3-d rubble but here goes:

You could either: But uneven terrain down (like raise the area you want rubble, to be 9 for instance) and my favorite for simulating houses is, place roadblocks, then put the rubble over it, so you now have 3d rubble...

Wow! Those look pretty good. I'll post some pictures ASAP, but my picture hosting site is messed up. I think what looks best is roadblocks ontop of a 3-elevation change (higher) rubble. You city-scenario designers want to take a look at this, as it looks pretty good.

Regards,

Ryan

Yo!

Someone else noted recently that Barbwire obstacles apply a CLEAR Line of sight (LOS) to whatever terrain feature they are emplaced in/on.

So if you place Barbwire in TALL PINES, the LOS through that tile is considered CLEAR. Interesting, no?

I was wondering if ROADBLOCK fortifications on/under rubble tiles might carry some of the same unintended results?

Since LOS is slightly obscured through a rubble tile, will having a roadblock (or 3) in the middle of it change the LOS in any way? Or what about cover?

Gpig

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gpig:

Yo!

Someone else noted recently that Barbwire obstacles apply a CLEAR Line of sight (LOS) to whatever terrain feature they are emplaced in/on.

So if you place Barbwire in TALL PINES, the LOS through that tile is considered CLEAR. Interesting, no?

I was wondering if ROADBLOCK fortifications on/under rubble tiles might carry some of the same unintended results?

Since LOS is slightly obscured through a rubble tile, will having a roadblock (or 3) in the middle of it change the LOS in any way? Or what about cover?

Gpig<hr></blockquote>

Gpig,

Roadblocks do not clear LOS like barbed wire. As for cover, the roadblocks probably (I'm not sure) would increase cover, but this is accurate as piles of rubble offer more cover the not-piled-rubble.

Regards,

Ryan

I have always raised the rubble a few elevations above the surrounding terrain to simulate a collapsed building, but the rdblock idea is great. I also drop the rubble tile 1or2 elavations in city fights to simulate a cellar. Dragons teeth can be done with concrete road (1 tile), then raise it 1 or 2 elevations above surrounding terrain.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by benpark:

[QBDragons teeth can be done with concrete road (1 tile), then raise it 1 or 2 elevations above surrounding terrain.[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Wouldn't that be a rather large dragon tooth? Unless I'm mistaken, dragons teeth are usually 1.5-2 meters high.

Okay, here's some pics of this "3D Rubble."

rubble1v2.jpg

Some Flat Rubble with roadblocks ontop

rubble2v2.jpg

Some serious piles of Rubble.

Like I said before, you city scenario designers should implement this to make your scenarios look better IMHO.

Regards,

Ryan

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Panther G ]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Panther G ]</p>