*** MOD USE PERMISSION ***

Gentlemen: smile.gif

I come from the GPL (Grand Prix Legends) community.

GPL is a Formula One racing simulation, that simulates the 1967 season. (with add-ons for other 60's seasons)

It was released in 1998.

The graphics, at this time, for GPL are "mediocre" at best.

Until I stumbled upon CM.

I downloaded some tree & building textures, and they work perfectly within GPL. (with some tweaking)

I then contacted Ed Kinney "Tanks Alot" (a true gentlemen & artist), and he was kind enough to give his O.K. in using his graphics for an update, for Spa, that I was working on.

I'm now working on Schottenring, and I believe that I have some graphics from some of the other fine artists of this community.

So, before I go any further with these new graphics, I'd like the O.K's from (I believe) Juju, Junk-to-drive.....

As with Ed's work, anything that is used, you will get full credit for.

Of course, if you don't feel comfortable with your work being used in this manner, I will respect your wishes.

I'm including a webpage that I threw together, to show you how these graphics are being used at this time. (My apologies to 56k users. Large screenshots)

GPL Screens

On another note.....

CM looks pretty cool. I might just have to try this sim out. I wonder if I could have a camoflouged Lotus? :D

Thank You for your time gentlemen! smile.gif

Scott

[ August 01, 2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: kingcone ]

GAJ, we dont look in here, we're too busy, lol

kingcone, flashbacks of the james garner movie, one of my all time favorites. my father was an engineer for ford motor co. in 1963 he went to indy to work on the first lotus ford. those were the days.

i cant think of anything that i have done that you could use. 99% of anything with my name is someone elses work. contact me with details and i will track down the original person.

GreenAsJade:

Thank You! smile.gif

I will definatley head over there, and post the same request.

Junk2Drive:

I bet your father has some great stories about Indy! Yes, I agree. Those were days.....No wings, no ground effects, tube frames & sheet metal.....

Those screens have alot of Ed's graphics in them. Those textures have really done wonders to GPL IMHO. Just Magnificant!

Your question as to were you can get updates for GPL is kind of a tough one.

There are now over 400+ tracks to download, and so many different edits on cars, track graphics, etc., it really is a nightmare for someone just looking for some updates.

The screenshots I uploaded are from Spa (with Ed's building textures), that I just completed, and Schottenring. (work in progress) The Ferrari is my personal car, that I've tweaked. Also the Lotus cockpit is my work, that's uploaded to several sites. I'll be happy to send you both if you wish. (did you want your name on the side of the cockpit?)

Anyway, to get you started...........

Just about every track made for GPL

Track Database

Addons for "almost" all tracks.

GPL++

Grand Prix Legends Editers Association (GPLEA)

Newset cars

GPLEA

The 1965 Mod

65 Mod

More Tracks & Updates

Speedgeezers

Even more track & car updates

M4driving

Very Cool updates for Spa & BremmGarten

Bremm

Car camera editer (very simple to use)

CarCam Editer

The 1968 mod

68 Mod

The Replay Analyzer.

Replay analyzer

Alot of addon and updates.

Frede faster site

Car Skins & Stuff

Nino's garage

Beautiful Car skins & updates. (In French)

F1 Legends

Racesim Central Forums. The lasted happenings and uploads.

RSC

VROC. Online racing setup for GPL

VROC

New Forums where even more updates and addons are uploaded almost constantly. (also, the location where you can get the Spa, from the screenshots)

Mirror Zone

And many more Junk2Drive..... :D

Hope this helps; and let me know about the Ferrari & Lotus skins.

Be happy to get those to you.

Thanks Guys!

Scott

[ August 01, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: kingcone ]

Junk2Drive:

The files in GPL are .mip's & .srb's.

They're kept in the .dat file. You can open the .dat file with a program called "DooDat"

DooDat

(Look under "editors")

Then you need a small program called "WinMip" to convert the .mip's &.srb's back and forth between .Bmp's.

Here's the link.....

WinMip

If you update something for GPL, you do NOT need to put it back into the .dat file. Just into the folder where the .dat file that you opened is.

Hope you're keeping that lapel pin and Autograph in a safe place! smile.gif

ALSO

The same request has been placed at the Mod Database Forum.

Unfortuneatly, it doesn't look like it gets much traffic. Post before mine was 11 days prior..... :confused:

Scott

[ August 01, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: kingcone ]

winmip opened and unpacked the dat file for watkins glen, and made a folder for the contents. i pick a .mip file and can view it. then save as a bmp. i didnt really find anything in this one that i can use. (nifty chain link fence, but doesn't fit in here.)

cog was nice to put that forum at cmmods, but it hasn't caught on.

Monaco is already being re-made by a group at RaceSimCentral. they call themslves "The Monaco Rocks Team" (why that name = long story ;) )

It does look good though, and they're on Version 2.

Monaco Rocks

LeMans is the "Next" track, after Schottenring, to work on.....

At the moment Junk2Drive, I already have a ton of stuff from CM. Mostly Ed's, Juju's, Yours, and other work. That's why I wanted to get O.K's before proceeding.

We're very touchy about giving credit where credit is due, and asking permissions, in the GPL community. Just a common curtousy and tactfulness within the community I guess..... :D

Scott

Originally posted by kingcone:

Gentlemen: smile.gif

So, before I go any further with these new graphics, I'd like the O.K's from (I believe) Juju

As with Ed's work, anything that is used, you will get full credit for.

Hi,

Ed showed me some of the work you did with his buildings. I was impressed.

You have my permission to use my mods. you'll have to send me some screenshots when you're done, though. smile.gif

Next time you need anything, do mail me directly. If Junk2drive hadn't directed me to this thread I would have never even seen it. Never needed any techsupport, so I hardly ever come in here.

BTW, are those my wall and fence mods I saw in the screenshots?

Hi Juju!

Thank you very much for O.K.! :D

Yes, I believe the bottom screenshot, and the second from the bottom, are your stone wall and your wood fence. They look FANTASTIC imho.

Those two shots are from Schottenring. (excellent track)

And yes, I'll send you all the screenshots, that you want.

Thank you again!

Scott