Hotmail and its Relation to PBEM

Rodent

A long time ago I used hotmail to play some PBEM games and it did not work so well, I can't remember exactly why. It was something like I didn't receive the files, and the frustration it caused led to a termination of the game.

So is Hotmail OK for PBEM? Am I deluded in thinking there was a problem?

The reason I ask is that I would have to dig out the CD for CMAK and install it etc and if Hotmail is a problem there is no point, for myself, and my prospective opponent.

I am currently having issues with Hotmail in PBEM..... Maybe Battlefront will have a recommendation.

When you receive a PBEM file, Hotmail will place the text from the file in the body of your email instead of giving it to you as an attachment.

You then have to cut and paste the text into Word Pad and save it as a txt file.

The problem is that spaces appear at the end of each line of text and this corrupts the file.

You can use Hotmail if you opponent zips his files before sending them to you. Hotmail will give you zip files as attachments.

One solution that has worked for me--I just opened a Yahoo mail account.

Having said that, I prefer fewer email accounts to many. Any suggestions Battlefront?

I decided to get a yahoo email address. It was working fine except now, for two days, everytime I get into the inbox it has a "error on page" at the bottom left, with a little yellow error sign. This is Internet Explorer.

I press any of the buttons and nothing happens, e.g 'reply' and 'attach file'.

Any ideas what is up with this?