Screenshots..

Because CM:BB's designers are too busy trying to shove more goodies into the game, maybe?

I'm not worried about the screenshots. CM:BB doesn't need to do them to reach it's core audience. GI Combat, on the other hand, is going for a mass market appeal and therefore needs more eye candy for the masses.

Different audiences, different marketing strategies.

Oh, and while the GI Combat church is very impressive, the CM:BB cemeteries beat out GI Combat's hands down.

Trust me.

Steve

The core audience being the people who have played the first one. But you always need to reach more then just your core audience. And I have to disagree with you on the topic of GICOMBAT having to go for mass market appeal. I'm gonna get GICOMBAT no matter what because I've played there other games and they were good.

I was just pointing out. smile.gif

Unfortunately that church will only let you occupy the 1st floor, since GI Combat only models 1 floor bldngs. (no matter what their graphical representation). I am probably going to try the GI Combat demo out, because of their Close Combat pedigree. The CC series was the first computer wargames I found after being a board wargamer throughout my teens and twenties. All tactical level wargames owe that series a nod for their utilization of a morale model in a computer game. However-Whenever I check the BB for GIC , I am struck by the differences between BTS and their forums. I find myself spending very little time looking over the posts there when I am looking for interesting topics or engaging discussion. That says something to me about the target audience, in a very subtle way. I hope that realism isn't sacrificed in GIC for mass apeall, there is enough of that Sudden Strike stuff out there to fill that gap.

Anyway, a real time game at this level may be an interesting way to do it. I'm open to trying it. ...But ahm gettin buried with my BTS product when my numbers up...

Actually, the core audience I was thinking of included the guys who bought the first one, plus a few new folks, plus whatever they get from PCGamer or CGW reviews.

As far as GI Combat goes, your personal motivation is probably exactly what you say it is. However, I would hazard a guess that the overall general marketing strategy is far more oriented towards the mass market appeal than to wargamers in general. This is true for several reasons. First, GI Combat is going to have sell a lot more copies than CMBB to be profitable. Second, GI Combat is going to be on US store shelves, whereas CMBB will not. Shelf space costs money. Big money. GI Combat, therefore, needs the exposure to boost those store sales by the wider gaming audience than CMBB does.

Again, this does not mean that you would not buy the game if GI Combat used a different marketing strategy. It just means that, generally, the audiences are different, the marketing is different, and therefore the plan for advertising the products is different, too.

Steve

I thought CM is in store shelves in Europe? Whatever you say about marketing I cannot believe that it would come in the way of releasing screenshots.. Maybe you're right about them NOT having to release screenshots. But it would be nice of them to think more of the fans in that respect. For me when things like screenshots are little and far between I start losing focus on the game. as in I do not think about the game or even visit the forum (It's been 2 weeks since I last did)