Grass mod

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger:

summerwheat.jpg

Summer wheat mod.

I have winzip and can break them down into 5-6 meg zips, though I think they'd be too big for e-mail still. I can post them on my ftp, 1 zip at a time (I only have 10 megs) and switch to the next zip once you get them downloaded.

-john

I don't have size limitations on attachments for my email, but if you do for your outgoing then doing the FTP route is fine with me. Email me off-list with the details and I'll start grabbing them.

Originally posted by Flesh:

GJK, you interested in hosting my grass mod too? It's for both CMBO and CMBB.

Here's a shot of it in CMBB:

Here's a temporary download link for this mod: http://dave.zirconiumdns.net/Flesh_Mottled_Grass.rar

BTW it's in RAR format to make for a smaller download.

Is it just this one file? I'm downloading it now, will be posted shortly on my site.

The grass looks to dark to me
I had my cmbb gamma on "low" and also had my nvidia color correction set to low. You can tweak your own settings in game, on your video card, and on your monitor to your preferences. I don't think any mod looks the same to everyone unless all your settings happen to be the same.

I turned up the in game gamma to medium and turned off color correction on the nvidia control panel and it looks not so dark and not so richly colored.

john

Nice job indeed. Personally, I'm finding it a real challenge to design grass textures for CMBB without using the original grass as a starting point...the reason being, the richness of the new terrain features tends to cause confusing texture overlaps (eg with tree bases, etc.)

I'll figure something out, though. :D